Bee friendly garden pesticides?

Default Bee friendly garden pesticides?

Last year we put nothing on our vegetable garden for fear of hurting our bees. Needless to say, it got destroyed by insect pests. What do you all use in your gardens as a pest repellent?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Bee friendly garden pesticides?

For chewing pest, find some treatment with Spinosad, Spray in evening after bees are gone, harmless to them when it dries. Clay powder also works (forgot the current term).

This will sound weird, but I use a torch for squash beetles if I missed culling egg patches, real quick across the bugs as to not scorch it bad (some leaves will brown) they have a hard time with no legs.
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

bt works, and not spraying when blooming is wonderful, picking my hand can be entertaining for the whole family.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    This will sound weird, but I use a torch for squash beetles if I missed culling egg patches, real quick across the bugs as to not scorch it bad (some leaves will brown) they have a hard time with no legs.
    I have used this method also for squash beetles.

Could you use some sort of drowning trap?

Any idea what insects are getting your plants? If you know the specific insect types it may make it easier to help find bee safe solutions.