Bee-L member requesting Beekeepers donate their extra N95 Masks - DON'T DO IT!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bee-L member requesting Beekeepers donate their extra N95 Masks - DON'T DO IT!!!!

Look, if people want to believe the government websites about OA dust, and that N95 masks don't work - you are entitled to your opinion. These same goverments were trying to tell the public that N95 masks didn't help against the Wuhan coronavirus, remember? Oops.

Link: https://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...ou-wear-a-mask

This thread wasn't necessarily intended to talk about whether N95 masks help with OAV (I assume it's implied that they are effective, if beekeepers have them and are being asked to donate them - or am I missing the logic here)?

The thread was intended to remind the community that at-risk commercial beekeepers need these N95 masks for their own protection.
    Last edited by username00101; 03-24-2020 at 12:09 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Bee-L member requesting Beekeepers donate their extra N95 Masks - DON'T DO IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by username00101 View Post
    Look, if people want to believe the government websites about OA dust, and that N95 masks don't work - you are entitled to your opinion.
    You seem to be confusing the Canadian Honey Council with some form of government. The label I posted comes from the CHC website.

but feel free to continue posting misinformation, apparently that's what the internet is for. If you dont want to believe the experts, just make up your own **** and put it online as the truth, after all, you know better.

I agree that industrial users of N95 masks should look through their inventory and donate any masks they find to a local hospital. Our chances of being exposed are miniscule compared to that of our nation's healthcare workers. And we can use just about any dust mask, it does not need to be an N95. I seriously doubt that many beekeepers are using this particular mask as it is not recommended for OAV. If you are comfortable using one for your treatments, then any cartridge style respirator will provide the same or greater level of protection. Do the right thing and donate your masks. The wives, daughters, and sons of many in our beekeeping community will thank you.

Forgot that some of our members ARE nurses. They will thank you too!
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Since the OP deleted the opening post as well as other posts, I'm closing this thread.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12