Despair is the Mother of invention, alternative use for topbar hive.

Default Despair is the Mother of invention, alternative use for topbar hive.

I had two eight frame extracted supers that needed drying but no appropriate hive to dry them on. We notched two spacer bars, stacked on the supers and added some pans for weather proofing.

All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Despair is the Mother of invention, alternative use for topbar hive.

Clever. I like your little backyard oasis. J

Default Re: Despair is the Mother of invention, alternative use for topbar hive.

By reading the title, I had expected to see a TBH lined with plastic and filled with ice and beer!
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I've found that bees actually prefer WARM beer lol

Those would be the German black bees.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Or the Irish green ones