A sign of the times - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: A sign of the times

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    I am expecting our Governor to follow suit this weekend too. NY NJ, PA; on the East coast, VA can't be far behind. Wife has already started making a "honey do" list for me. Uhg.
    I am expecting that also, I went to the hardware store yesterday and picked up supplies for a few projects if I am stuck at home.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

In NJ any business that produces food is exempt from the closings. That would include beekeepers.

I hope you made a list for your wife also, exchange the lists. Should only take one time. My wife and I have been painting supers together. Getting ready for the spring buildup.

Oh it would only take one time, that is for sure. Dead men don't get second chances. Besides, she will still have to go to work. Heh heh heh.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

You are absolutely correct. While I am not familiar with the particulars of how the disease ended up in the nursing home, somebody who had reason to believe they had been exposed, ie, "hey, I just got back from my trip to Wuhan" probably should not have made a visit to dear old dad in the nursing home upon their return. That was reckless and showed an utter disregard for the safety of others. Not sure that a healthy person choosing not becoming a recluse meets the same measure.
    Or the doctor who visits the home did not use "clean" procedures. Or the Nurse and her boyfriend went to a concert... Or the food coming into the place was prepared by someone exposed.
    Could be several ways to get COVID into a Nursing Home. To me the insulation that the "spreader" was aware is a leap. Any one of us may have been exposed and not aware.
    my 3 cents.
    ok back to shopping for TP
    GG
    Last edited by Gray Goose; 03-23-2020 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Basically I am really tired of the US politicians spreading the propaganda of the "best in the world healthcare".

Best in the World healthcare - for the rich (such as NBA players and the celebrities who magically get tested on the spot and immediatelly).
    Well Greg Sorry you had a Bad "experience" Many of us have had 1 or 2. Most of the politicians in Canada bring their family to the US for treatment. seems folks with power could choose and they Choose the US. So health care is for every one. Of course One needs to Pay for it. As far as NBA, "lets all touch the same Ball......" seems as soon as a couple players were tested positive they all were "Exposed" So do you have the same Vitriol for BMW, Cadillac, Yeti Coolers, Personal Jet Makers, Yacht Manufacturers? there are products for the rich and products for the Masses, and products for the poor. Life is not Fair. The Rich will always have access to more "stuff", the poor more time. IMO Excepting reality is a choice we all have . So Is blame games. I forgave the world so to speak , several years ago and it was very very "lifting and enlightening" I am happier, healtyyer, and have more time to ponder,, bees for instance, instead of those who have wronged me. Bagage in time will bog you down. Life can give you a can of worms, often, just do not take it say, No thanks. It will eat at you Greg, My advice, let it go , focus on your family, and see the world as it is,, an Imperfect place Inhabited by imperfect beings, performing imperfect functions.
    So again Which Politicians do not ever spread propaganda, see it is a rat hole. Most folks are "born" into a country. Most politicians are going to be tooting their own horn. If there was a perfect place we would all move there. Let us know when you find one.
    I have accepted my imperfect life in my imperfect Body, in this imperfect community , and strive to be MY best, Most of the rest I cannot control, ergo i do not dwell in that space.
    GG

Never seen a coin without two sides.
    Not dwelling on it also involves not fixing it.
    Not being consumed is also necessary in order to survive long enough to make progress.
    It is hard to design a safety net that some will not use as a hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Goose View Post
    Most of the politicians in Canada bring their family to the US for treatmen
    That is absolute bull crap propogated by folks with vested interests in keeping the system south of us 'for profit'.

Check this article to really understand where politicians go for treatment. Hint, it's a prominent Republican dead set against any type of socialized medicine heading to Canada for treatment. Go figger,

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...da/2568200002/

Would love to know the timeline between knowledge of exposure, test, meetings, gym, pool, isolation. Brimming with concern for his fellow man, that one.

In order to avoid the stigma of being labeled a "Conservative Apologist" I am posting this link addressing the timeline of President's actions concerning COVID-19. https://www.politifact.com/article/2...irus-pandemic/
    I recommend clicking the link leading to the text of the travel ban, paying close attention to the dates.
    This timeline does address some of the "Pants on Fire" comments made by the President while nailing down the dates of his and others actions. As in beekeeping, it is easy to look back and realize what we should have done, as long as we are being honest with ourselves.
    If anyone thinks or cares if I am a Conservative Apologist, then we need to talk about Mitt Romney and Bain Capital.

Alex
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

"I've always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

The awful truth is this is probably true. He was just lying to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    "I've always known this is a real, this is a pandemic. I've felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."

The awful truth is this is probably true. He was just lying to the public.
    You are probably right, soothe the masses and all that. The flip side of that coin is that we can't have the President of the USA running past the podium like his hair is on fire, his pants maybe, but not his hair.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AHudd View Post
    You are probably right, soothe the masses and all that. The flip side of that coin is that we can't have the President of the USA running past the podium like his hair is on fire, his pants maybe, but not his hair.

Alex
    I just wish he always acted like he knew where he was in the middle of his ramble.
    (So would his burning hair smell like plastic or hair.)

I am really angry now! I went out this morning to find someone had hoarded up all my organic toilet paper.

055 (600x800).jpg

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    I just wish he always acted like he knew where he was in the middle of his ramble.
    Republicans wish for the same thing. And for him to stop tweeting. But if that is the price one has to pay, oh well.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Republicans wish for the same thing. And for him to stop tweeting. But if that is the price one has to pay, oh well.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Jw
    But if that is the price one has to pay, oh well.
    Nobody "has" to pay that price. Except for the guys that did not have enough votes to win.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

Sometimes even when you win, you have to pay, dearly. I still have my original Nixon Now bumper sticker in a scrapbook somewhere.

If you are doing the math, I was not quite old enough to vote back then.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast