Setting up for spring - looking for nucs locally

Default Setting up for spring - looking for nucs locally

I just finished making a stand for the hives in the back yard. I lost all of my bees over winter so looking for 2 nucs. Any suggestions? I live in Kirkland WA (East of Seattle) so I would like some place close by where I can pick up.

Here is a video I made of the stand. Here we go again!

https://youtu.be/I9rdG-UZmNs
    OldMontgomerysFarm.com
    Paul Montgomery -- C-I-E-I-O

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Setting up for spring - looking for nucs locally

Contact Cary Therriault from the Cascade Natural Honey Company. His pickup is in the Cherry Crest neighborhood at the south west corner of Bridal Trails in Bellevue. He lives a couple of blocks away from me. Very reputable. His phone number and email can be found here at the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association website: https://www.pugetsoundbees.org/queen-bees-and-nucs/

I would have you call me but I am sold out for the year already.

Look on Craigslist. That is where I found my bees when I got started.

You should also set up a couple swarm traps. Try to get some free bees. But don't bank on that get a couple nucs but consider swarm trapping as well. Also biggest thing to work out between now and when you get your new bees is what went wrong and what are you going to do different this time. Mite control early enough so that the last few rounds of bees are raised with very few mites around is vital to good winter survival. Follow that by enough honey or sugar syrup in the cells and capped over in time for winter. Finally depending on your fall pollen supply consider a pollen substitute to boost your winter bees protein stores. By feeding it to the previous couple generations of bees they will raise the larva in big puddles of royal jelly allowing them to really fatten up on protein reserves. Big, healthy protein filled bees and low mite counts are what makes long lived winter bees imo. Good luck

Contact Cary Therriault from the Cascade Natural Honey Company. His pickup is in the Cherry Crest neighborhood at the south west corner of Bridal Trails in Bellevue. He lives a couple of blocks away from me. Very reputable. His phone number and email can be found here at the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association website: https://www.pugetsoundbees.org/queen-bees-and-nucs/

Thanks - it's nice and close!
    OldMontgomerysFarm.com

That's where I got my last ones. Thanks.
    OldMontgomerysFarm.com