Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Tree on top bar hive!

758 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Larry LL 
#1 ·
Greetings, all. I am relatively new to beekeeping, and have a problem. I had a tree fall on a top bar hive during a wind storm late last year. The hive was on a stand, and is now sitting at about a 45 degree angle, with one side on the ground, and the other still on the stand. I cleared the tree out of the way, and the bees are still in the hive. It was a strong hive, at least 1/2 full of comb before this happened. I'm sure the combs are stuck together in a mess. Any suggestions about salvaging it? I have another unoccupied hive of the same design very close by, if I could figure a good was to transfer them. I was thinking about trying to lift up the down side to level the downed hive, to see if I could work it. I was also considering removing the hive from the remaining stand, and setting it up temporarily next to the other hive to try to transfer them. Any suggestions are appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.