had a cancerous tumor behind left eye - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Los Angles County, California, the United States of America

Default Re: had a cancerous tumor behind left eye

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    While I appreciate msl's sense of humor, a fair number of current Beesource readers likely have no idea that "Russel Sunkist" is an imaginary 'breed' of bee. All part of the oldest game in the book, a fraud scheme.

Thank you for this. New to these forums & would have been going buzz crazy trying to find those bees.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

I need to find out more. Went back and looked at posts from 2011 and if you substitute the word Saskatraz for Sunkist, the posts look oddly similar.

I want to be clear that I am not comparing Saskatraz, a legitimate line of bees, with the imaginary Sunkist line. I was making reference to the wording of the posts and the interest expressed by beekeepers in 2011, long before the fraud came to light
    I would have said New River my self.. one guy with 8 different lines, sold out as soon as sales opened jan 1st, etc,
    I am not saying he is a fraud he seems on the up and up and has the II rig to coltroal the lines...... but I am taking marketing notes
    The internet is instant, and the internet is often wrong-Kim Flottum

So my take is that the OP described an observation. It's not a recommendation nor a prescription for cure.

Take it as you will or as I have...with a grain of salt, an open mind and a strong dose of cynicism. Doctors know doc stuff. We know bee stuff. Mixing doesn't always make for a good recipe.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by msl View Post
    I would have said New River my self.. one guy with 8 different lines, sold out as soon as sales opened jan
    Msl, I am on his waiting list. Maybe all hype but he is reletively local, about 150 miles away, and have heard only good things.several of the local bee clubs buy queens in bulk from them.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Msl, I am on his waiting list. Maybe all hype but he is reletively local, about 150 miles away, and have heard only good things.several of the local bee clubs buy queens in bulk from them.
    The New River guy has some great queen lines. I've bought 2 years in a row from him. Follow his youtube channel if you wonder about him. The Buckfast queens from him are extremely gentle and productive. I believe his stock came from Canada before the border was closed to queen imports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12