Mead?

Thread: Mead?

Default Mead?

I went to as bee meeting on Monday. Our topic was honey tasting. A few people said that my honey tasted like mead to them. This is the first time this has happened to my honey since 2012. It looks like I need to pick up a refractometer before next honey extraction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Mead?

I got one for Christmas, I am pretty sure my wife got it on Amazon for less than 30 bucks. It works fine, and seems like a nice unit.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

When ordering a refractometer, make sure the scale falls in the range you need. But yeah, you can get the same ones the bee supply stores sell for half the cost if you lool around.
    How much mead tasting honey do you have? Might be worth the investment to get what you need to finish the job.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

JWPalmer, I only have 2 - 1/2 pints left from the 150 lbs I harvested this summer, so I have plenty of time to look around and pick on up for next summer.

Zone 6B