Staging opportunity in exchange for Nucs (Rural San Diego)

Default Staging opportunity in exchange for Nucs (Rural San Diego)

Greetings from Rural San Diego,

I'm a long time resident of the coastal mountain area of rural San Diego. I would like to get my foot in the door in the migratory beekeeping business and believe this is a good way. The area I live in is well know for it's beekeepers back in the early 19th century. For example some of the street names are Bee Valley, Bee Canyon, Honey Springs and Harbison Canyon (after John Harbison.) We had major wildfires in 2003 and 2007 and with it a lot of the native plants were gone. Now 10 years later everything is back to its lushness and requires some honeybees.

I would like to ask for nucs in exchange for staging. The location of the staging area is 5 hours from Kern and 1.5 hours from Imperial Valley. I also have extracting equipment for use if needed. We had a migratory beekeeping family living in the area with up to 2,000 hives so I know it can be done. They are retired now. As far I know there are no other commercial operations and hence less inter-breeding and competition.

Contact me if your interested. My name is Eric Skidmore and I can be looked up on FB. My email is [email protected]
    I am available to show the multiple sites during March. Thanks for reading and shoot me any questions you may have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Staging opportunity in exchange for Nucs (Rural San Diego)

you did a post on FB already. I am curious as to why no one has taken you up on this?

Default Re: Staging opportunity in exchange for Nucs (Rural San Diego)

Hi RainesRidge,

I did do a post on FB and had numerous replies. Three migratory beekeepers are coming out to have a look but not until April. I am going on a first-come first-serve basis. As the saying goes don't put all your eggs in one basket. Good Deal here are there is Eucalyptus, Manzanita, Ceanothus, Toyon, Sage, Buckwheat, Mustard, Coyote Brush for hundreds of acres here just to name a few.

Long history of Beekeeping here back in the 1920's/30's. I hope that answers your question.