Chinook

Thread: Chinook

Default Chinook

We spent the last three weeks bitterly cold day and night. Yesterday the bees were flying and my hazelnut catkins grew to an inch long during the day. That just means another year with no nuts! Hoping this is not a replay of last year when the beginning of February saw temperatures drop as low as -35F and snow was so deep I could not get to my bees. Before then I am doing a cleanup OA treatment while the time is right! This has already been a cold winter here in Great Falls. The ice on my Koi pond is a foot thick which is two inches thicker than the ten inches recorded as a record in the past. We have had 66" of snow so far this winter snow season. Hope we do not match last years record 119". There will be a lot of irrigation snowpack again. They have also taken down the signs in Glacier park saying glaciers will be gone by 2020 or 2030 because they have grown 25% in the last several years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Chinook

Wow that is some extreme weather! I have a hard time trusting the predictors of our climate it was just in the 70s they were yelling an ice age is coming. Hope your season turns out better than last year for you!
    Feeding early patties. https://youtu.be/bUDd3vk7bgY

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    We spent the last three weeks bitterly cold day and night. Yesterday the bees were flying and my hazelnut catkins grew to an inch long during the day. That just means another year with no nuts! Hoping this is not a replay of last year when the beginning of February saw temperatures drop as low as -35F and snow was so deep I could not get to my bees. Before then I am doing a cleanup OA treatment while the time is right! This has already been a cold winter here in Great Falls. The ice on my Koi pond is a foot thick which is two inches thicker than the ten inches recorded as a record in the past. We have had 66" of snow so far this winter snow season. Hope we do not match last years record 119". There will be a lot of irrigation snowpack again. They have also taken down the signs in Glacier park saying glaciers will be gone by 2020 or 2030 because they have grown 25% in the last several years.
    Interesting. I guess the koi shut down until it warms back up? That’s funny about the glacier signs. Lol.

........ They have also taken down the signs in Glacier park saying glaciers will be gone by 2020 or 2030 because they have grown 25% in the last several years.
    Says:
    Fact check: No, the glaciers are not growing in Glacier National Park
    https://www.yaleclimateconnections.o...national-park/

Which agrees with the official global site of GNC:
    https://www.nps.gov/glac/learn/natur...g-glaciers.htm
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

Glaciers do not grow significantly in several years. Several centuries, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schultz View Post
    Glaciers do not grow significantly in several years. Several centuries, yes.
    NEVERTHELESS! The disappearing glacier signs are gone.

NEVERTHELESS! The disappearing glacier signs are gone.
    As the myth was repeated across multiple denier websites, the situation was described as the Park Service’s being “forced to admit” it had been wrong and “scrambling to remove the signs without their visitors noticing.”
    https://www.yaleclimateconnections.o...national-park/
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.