Credibility of Scientific Papers. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote: "They" has been in use as a unisex pronoun since the 1500's.

No not important. I have not done any research on how long they has been used as a singular pronoun. Above the claim was made that it could be used. So chiming in on a side discussion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Credibility of Scientific Papers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    “PS "They" is plural. So we are still missing a singular pronoun that is not awkward for "her/his" etc. "Han" in Finnish works fine. Some people have already figured it out.
    ”

Is it really that important? Yikes.[/QUOTE]

I suppose we could just refer to said people as "Pat".
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I'm not a scientist but I do realize that in beekeeping research there are SO MANY variables that doing tests and repeating to see if you get the same results is next to impossible. Every frame of honey is different, the bees are different every 8 weeks, the wx, pollen sources, moisture, sugars and the % thereof. Read, absorb, think it thru and try it. Location is everything and what works in NC in January may NOT work in California.

Shoot, what works in NC in January this year may NOT work in NC in January next year! But repeatability is not about precisely reproducing results, it is more about getting the results to be similar in effect such that the relationship between the test and control is reproduced, not the actual data.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Very true. My point is to use the idea... just try it for yourself if it sounds good.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234