OA VAP 110.04 Oxalic Acid Vaporizer - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: OA VAP 110.04 Oxalic Acid Vaporizer

Quote:"I always like to know if my buyers are happy."

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Just wanted to post a recommendation for Biermann's vaporizer. I got mine a month or two ago. It's a quality piece of gear. While I haven't used it yet to treat any hives, I did test the vaporizer with a batch of OA and then water. It's amazing how quickly the process is, and I'm excited to get through my hives in 30-45 minutes instead of 2-3 hours.

I've already put the treatment holes in the backs of my hives (and plugged them with shortened gold tees)--that part of the process was easy too, so don't let it stop you from using one of these quick vaporizers.

Joerg,
    I am falling in love with your vaporizer! As its cold up your way and you can't do a video treating live bees I thought I should give it a try. So here is 15 hives in 14 minutes including me shocking my butt on the 10,000 volt electric fence. I hope that this is helpful for anyone considering buying one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUZ_20SaZgU&t=426s

A few notes...
    1. my voice is terrible behind my organic vapor mask with a sticky valve. Darth vader
    2. Working one handed with a cellphone in the other is not easy! I am sorry for the jerky video but I wanted to treat like I normally do. My first time working while recording.
    3. the digital display on the vaporizer looks totally fine to the human eye but my cellphone video shows it as flashing.
    4. I misspoke in the video i said that its 1/3 the speed when I meant to say that it takes 1/3 the time to treat compared to using two wand vaporizers.
    4. My apologies if I pronounced your name wrong.

Thanks Ryan,

I only had time for the first 5 minutes of your youtube video and had no headphones and my brain is still over the UK or close to Greenland at the moment, but it will come back to me in a few days.

Any info you users give is worth more then me saying it. I see you just leave the unit hang in the hole, no problem with it bending?

Cheers, JoergK.

Orders are coming quick and I am building units again tonight.
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

Joerge,
    My 1st xt I did it that way, had no issue with bending the spout, not near as much leverage, even with the heat, as it is doing it thru the holes I have now in the back. I did notice some paint melt on the landing board, so will use a metal shim between the unit and landing board if I ever use the front entrance again.
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

Oh come on five minutes of my handheld video would make any head spin. My bottom boards stick out several inches so I set the unit on that and slide the tube in the entrance reducer as far as possible so that the pressure on the tube is as close to your weld as possible. For me its critical to be able to step away while its running to load more caps and open and close entrances. I treated 53 hives without stopping.

Nice Vid Ryan
    Commenting to see updates to this thread
    GG

We purchased a Provap a couple of years ago. It works well and have not had any real issues with it. We decides it would be nice to have a second until to speed things up and as a backup source as well. We purchased one of these OA Vapp units and have not had the chance to use it yet. I must say I am very pleased with the construction of it. Its construction is far better than the Provap we are using. They will both be getting a workout this spring so we will compare them again at that time.

@dgl1948 - thank you for your comments. I am build equipment that I can use over & over again. Let us know your comments once you have done your spring treatment.

JoergK.
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

Fellow Keeper, VAPers
    I just ordered a full face mask for use with VAPing. 30 day delivery window.
    So FYI order a mask if you need one prior to the season.
    Seems the current "Scare" has these in short supply

GG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123