Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Welch's frozen concentrate grape juice discontinued

21K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  Fivej 
#1 ·
Couldnt find it anywhere finally made some calls and had a big grocery store order it went to pick it up along with are regular order and they said it has been discontinued !! Anybody know where i can get it

#31 ·
JW , I was talking about the recipe that flower planter posted It's not a wine or a mead it's a cross between them. Combines the best properties of each. It's a full bodied wine rich in flavor with the smoothness and mouth feel of mead.

For those that don't like mead you will want to try this.

12 cans Welch’s 100% grape (I don’t like their white grape)
3 cups white sugar
4 cups wild flower honey
cotes de blanc yeast

SG 1.090

I have made several batches and the SG was right on each time.

Mix all contents in 5 gal carboy at the same time. Rack as needed about 3 times.
After the last of th

#32 ·
I am willing to give that one a try next go round. Was even considering back sweetening the juice I have fermenting now with a bit of honey but I like a tried and true recipe better.
Thanks.

#33 ·
Laketrout, did your merlot ever clear up?

Two and a half weeks in on the grape juice wine and I am down to about 4 BPM. I plan on racking it to the secondary this coming Sunday if the SG is around 1.005 or so and bubbles are less than 2 BPM.

#40 ·
The batch I made used bread yeast. Can't say that it was all that flavorful as a wine, but the alcohol content got up high enough that a few glasses, OK a quart, got the buzz on.

#41 ·
Being frugal, I usually go with a champagne yeast which will convert all those sugars to alcohol, then back sweeten if necessary. Just recently bought a few packets of low potential alcohol yeast to try to fully ferment while leaving some residual sugar. J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.