EZ Vap Silicone caps

Default EZ Vap Silicone caps

Anyone know where I can purchase more of the silicone caps for the EZ Vap? Mice found mine in the garage and decided they were edible.
    Not to mention it doesn't hurt to have a few more for treating hives quickly.
    I contacted John O, but did not hear back.
    Help is here to never misplace that hive tool again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwlSiOzgOU

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: EZ Vap Silicone caps

Johno has been out of country until today. I got my caps from Johno. I will bet that he will reply to you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by couesbro View Post
    Johno has been out of country until today. I got my caps from Johno. I will bet that he will reply to you shortly.
    Thanks.
    Help is here to never misplace that hive tool again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvwlSiOzgOU

Quote Originally Posted by couesbro View Post
    No worries, John will treat you right.

Kevin just got back jetlagged and all and also picked up a flu bug so will be progessing slowly with about 160 emails to work on and also to make more vaporizers, I will try to pick up the cap orders and let you have some information as soon as I can.

Get well.
    Being in an enclosed capsule with 200 other people for 10 hours is a recipe for catching a bug.

Hello Kevin, Mocap.com may help you, I get my caps from them and they have shipped as little as two. Your shipping from the US will be a fraction what I paid.

All the best, Joerg
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

JohnO hooked me up....I got 9 caps in the mail...for a dozen total.....now I can fly thru the apiary.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWI View Post
    JohnO hooked me up....I got 9 caps in the mail...for a dozen total.....now I can fly thru the apiary.
    Does anyone know if these caps will work on a Provap 110? My Provap I bought a few years ago came with 2 caps and I would like to have extra, but at the price they are I can't see it happening. If these will work as well I could afford it.

PerryBee, I have wondered that the Provap users have not gone over to the silicone caps, this would cut down on their treatment times and prevent any problems with violent explosions od oaxalic acid if they plug the nozzle. However the caps I use are for the size of the bowl used in the Easy Vap units, I belive that the provap has a slightly larger bowl so the caps I use may be a little small. There are caps available in different sizes from CA Plugs however they are sold by the hundred. The caps that I use measure just over 11/4" at the bottom and go up to 15/8" at the top. Good luck.
    Johno

Hello, why not go to https://store.mocap.com/mocap_en/mhs...902.1573923174 and choose what one needs. The staff at mocap has always helped me well and they sell small amounts too, just more costly per unit then a order of a few hundred. They send samples too.

JoergK.
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

Let me state right off that I love the EZ Vap and what I did was totally my fault. The EZ Vap is a great tool.

I'm only posting this to help people realize the importance of cleaning the unit after each session to prevent issues.

With usage, the inside of the pipe gets smaller with OA buildup and forces more back pressure on the cap, (which is just in sitting in there by friction).* The cap was being pushed of and I took to holding the cap down into the bowl, but that just caused a small leak of very hot gas to escape between the cap and the bowl, which created a small rivulet in the cap. So my caps now have a permanent rivulet where the OA vapor escapes, instead of going out the pipe into the hive.

My bad.*

Also, the build up of OA ashes in the bowl caused the OA to not vaporize very well.* I thought that the OA was not dropping down into the bowl and was becoming frustrated with the tapping and such. Cleaning the hole and bowl made all the difference, and it again worked like it was brand new again.* Again, my bad.* Love the device and it works well when not neglected*

I'm ordering 3 or 4 new bowls for the coming season from John, and will treat these ones much better.

Bottom line, clean the bowl and caps each session and you will be very happy.

Don

This is what I bought to clean my vaporizer. I put it in a variable speed drill. I clip the wild ones back as they fray. Works great.
    013 (768x1024).jpg

Alex
    Last edited by AHudd; 12-29-2019 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Vaporizer
    Ten years of Beekeeping before varroa. Started again spring of 2014.

I went away from the Mocap caps due to the ammount of red debris that was getting into the OA from the iron oxide eroding out of the red caps. That is the main reason that I went to pure silicone caps. I have never had problems with the 3/16" nozzle clogging up until I had some propolis run into the tube and block it solid however heating the tube up with a propane torch cleared it quickly. I also found that by just wiping out the bowl with a little brush I got from Ace Hardware has decreased my sublimation time substantially you can see tis when the temperature drops with the OA hitting the bottom of the bowl as the lower the temperature drops the greater the heat transfer to the OA for sublimation, so after wiping the bowl with this brush before use drops the temperature into the 290 degree area when it has been normally over 300 degrees.20191028_192114.jpg