There has, so far, been no mention of the formation of kidney stones comprised of oxalic acid and calcium.
My body produces kidney stones of this type.
Ask a woman who has passed kidney stones and given birth which is worse. I guarantee she will say kidney stones.
The foods mentioned in the first post are dangerous for people like me.
The human body has no use for oxalic acid and it must all be excreted. Some metabolisms cannot adequately achieve that.
Having had four kidney stone experiences, passing them, and having had to have a "percutaneous nephrolithotomy" (where they pierce your back with a probe into your kidney, then insert an ultrasonic device to blast the stones into sand, then insert a 'scoop' to extract the sand, then suture you closed with a drain tube for a week, I have experienced the dangers of oxalic acid.
I will never expose bees, or honey, to this stuff knowingly.
I am fortunate to be in Australia, where, so far, varroa destructor has not taken up residence.
If they do get here, I will have to find another way of coping, if I remain as a beekeeper at all.
I hope those of you who are cavalier about oxalic acid and exposure to it take heed, and avoid the excruciating agony of forming kidney stones as a result.
And please consider whether you are comfortable exposing others to it thru the honey you produce.