Black Friday Sales - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Black Friday Sales

Dadant is doing 10% off of online orders.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Mann Lake has posted theirs, 11% off of everything, plus some other selected deeper discounts.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Anyone check for prices on 5 frame unassembled nucs?

Quote Originally Posted by NY14804 View Post
    Mann Lake just announced this morning their Black Friday/Cyber monday sale starts tomorrow (Thanksgiving day).
    Had a cart on the Mann Lake site that I had been editing for days and just put in my order. Got the separate components for my 5th production hive. Just over $100 for free shipping. Now need to go to Ebay and order the rapid feeder and BeeSmart robbing screen. Standard equipment in my apiary.

FWIW- always use a Visa. If you use PayPal they can't adjust the order. When you use a Visa/MC they can change items out if you change your mind.
    I'm smart but at the end of the day I'm still the help.

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Not specifically. About the best price on ASSEMBLED nucs is the plywood one at Dadant. Maybe not what you are looking for, but with the black friday discount, and free shipping, you can have 5 complete nucs for $100.

Mann lake's sale was a little disappointing.

I was hoping they'd be selling unassembled frames on black friday sale.

Yes. Since the merger and price hikes they have been more keen on making money and less keen on offering useful deals.... They used to be the lowest cost bee supply.
    On the other hand I don't recall betterbee doing many sales. Even under new management. Am I wrong? This year they offered some things on sale now....
    Never the less, still cheaper to buy boxes and frames rather than bees!

Username, you still get 11% off the price of the unassembled frames. I buy the groove top/ groove bottom w/ endbar holes 100 pack. $92.95 less 11% is just .8273 per frame. How is that not a good price?
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

And throw in a little something or buy 200 frames and they ship free. No way I can make a frame that quick. I used to get kelleys foundationless frames but they stopped making them when they consolidated. I used to make boxes but 36 are only a couple hundred $ and last for years. I think I've seen them for less than 10$ / box from ml every now and then even after the merger. When I made the boxes I saved a few dollars but there was plenty else I did not get done....

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    Username, you still get 11% off the price of the unassembled frames. I buy the groove top/ groove bottom w/ endbar holes 100 pack. $92.95 less 11% is just .8273 per frame. How is that not a good price?
    Yep, and the foundation is on sale as well, so together the frame and foundation is about $1.50 / frame for deeps. Low enough to where I am picking up another 200.

Greg, starter strips, wax, and fishing line add just about $0.15 to the cost of a frame if you go foundationless. Takes a little more manipulation at first to get them drawn straight and even, but there is nothing like looking at a perfectly drawn comb and knowing that the bees made what they wanted without any "help" from us. I find that the comb is typically straighter than if drawn on foundation because my foundation gets wavey in the Virginia heat. And it is cheaper for me too.

And...I just ordered 100 deep frames, a blue marking pen for 2020, and a couple more qe's. 11% off and I had $26 in BeeBucks to use also. Oh, and free shipping.
    Last edited by JWPalmer; 11-30-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Greg, starter strips, wax, and fishing line add just about $0.15 to the cost of a frame if you go foundationless. Takes a little more manipulation at first to get them drawn straight and even, but there is nothing like looking at a perfectly drawn comb and knowing that the bees made what they wanted without any "help" from us. I find that the comb is typically straighter than if drawn on foundation because my foundation gets wavey in the Virginia heat. And it is cheaper for me too.

And...I just ordered 100 deep frames, a blue marking pen for 2020, and a couple more qe's. 11% off and I had $26 in BeeBucks to use also. Oh, and free shipping.

Thank for pointing out that the frames get a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshoo View Post
    Just completing my first year of beekeeping. Naturally going to need more stuff for next year and was wondering if any of the big suppliers like Mann Lake or Better Bee, in previous years, have had Black Friday Sales???

Checkout Dancingbeeequipment out of Canada. Remember to multiply their cost by 0.76 to convert to US Dollars. Even with the shipping cost, it is cheaper than US suppliers. The only cons is they use the metric system.

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post

I bought 10 assembled nucs from dancingbeeequipment for229.50 CAD. This translate to about $174.42 US dollars. Regular wood, not plywood.

I bought 8 1/2" (21.59 cm) Waxed Perma-Dent Foundation - Black - Case of 100 and 9 1/8" (23.18 cm) Unassembled Frames - Groove Top & Bottom - 100 Pack for $160.50, not bad $1.60 a frame
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BackyardBeesNC

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    I bought 8 1/2" (21.59 cm) Waxed Perma-Dent Foundation - Black - Case of 100 and 9 1/8" (23.18 cm) Unassembled Frames - Groove Top & Bottom - 100 Pack for $160.50, not bad $1.60 a frame
    Yep, I bought a couple hundred frames and foundation, and some other stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto487 View Post
    Checkout Dancingbeeequipment out of Canada. Remember to multiply their cost by 0.76 to convert to US Dollars. Even with the shipping cost, it is cheaper than US suppliers. The only cons is they use the metric system.
    You can choose USD pricing at the top of the page. Their prices look great, but I still do better (so far) with the free shipping from other US based suppliers.

I bought 4 expanding apiary kits at mann lake. Pricey, but it will definitely be the cornerstone of my apiary as I move forward.

I bought 150 foundations, and 100 frames, all they sent were the frames, and refunded the foundation, with no explanation?
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BackyardBeesNC

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    I bought 150 foundations, and 100 frames, all they sent were the frames, and refunded the foundation, with no explanation?
    If you bought wax foundation, they usually won’t ship in winter considering how fragile it is when cold. If that was the case, they should have told you.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast