Black Friday Sales
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Black Friday Sales

Just completing my first year of beekeeping. Naturally going to need more stuff for next year and was wondering if any of the big suppliers like Mann Lake or Better Bee, in previous years, have had Black Friday Sales???

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Black Friday Sales

Yes. Mann Lake does. Usually between 11% and 9% off most products. Usually runs from midnight Wednesday until Monday, but they do not preannouce that you should order early to be sure.

I usually have a list ready going into Black Friday. Mann Lake and some others have decent enough sales to where I am able to get what I need at a price point I am OK with. Sometimes the same for March Madness.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

I was also thinking that several places have big sales in March.

For the people who have been around a while, are the black Friday or the march sells usually better?

Quote Originally Posted by elmer_fud View Post

For the people who have been around a while, are the black Friday or the march sells usually better?
    I consider them about the same. I have a list prepared in advance for each, and buy if I am happy with the price, without concern about whether the next will be better.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by elmer_fud View Post

If you wait until March you may find you are in a long line to be delivered. If you know you won't have bees until May, that is fine. If you are getting them in March or April, the bees may arrive before their house!

Mann lake just raised prices quite a bit when they got bought (same owners as kelleys now, who also own what's left of brushy mountain. And don't they also own Miller?)
    So the 9-11 % off site wide will only bring price down to a bit more than it's worth. They do often offer deeper discounts on certain things so making a list of what you need could net you some great deals. They will of course email you 3x/day reminding you of the amazingly small discount....
    Also note, any beekeeping equipment put together right will last many years unless the bear bust em apart. So even when the prices are high I still suggest buying boxes and building bees (did I get that from Ian? Good advice anyway....).

Quote Originally Posted by Amibusiness View Post
    They will of course email you 3x/day reminding you of the amazingly small discount....
    Yeah, last year had some crazy amount of email.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneshoo View Post
    Just completing my first year of beekeeping. Naturally going to need more stuff for next year and was wondering if any of the big suppliers like Mann Lake or Better Bee, in previous years, have had Black Friday Sales???
    Insider information: Betterbee is having a larger Black Friday sale than in previous years (with 10-30% off over 50 products on items like hive kits, protective clothing, candle molds, gifts, books, and Lyson equipment).

Check out betterbee.com on Thanksgiving through the end of Cyber Monday for savings!

bluesky just announced there black friday sale in an email, no way to post it here though.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Haven't seen anything from Mann Lake about a black friday sale. Anyone know if they are having one this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorjet View Post
    Haven't seen anything from Mann Lake about a black friday sale. Anyone know if they are having one this year?
    I am sure they will. Kelley's came out earlier this week, nothing grabbed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amibusiness View Post
    Mann lake just raised prices quite a bit when they got bought (same owners as kelleys now, who also own what's left of brushy mountain. And don't they also own Miller?)
    So the 9-11 % off site wide will only bring price down to a bit more than it's worth. They do often offer deeper discounts on certain things so making a list of what you need could net you some great deals. They will of course email you 3x/day reminding you of the amazingly small discount....
    Also note, any beekeeping equipment put together right will last many years unless the bear bust em apart. So even when the prices are high I still suggest buying boxes and building bees (did I get that from Ian? Good advice anyway....).
    When did Mann lake get purchased? Who bought them?

Mann Lake sale was November, 2018. Here’s a link. https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...t-Support-Grey

Quote Originally Posted by JTGaraas View Post
    Mann Lake sale was November, 2018. Here’s a link. https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...t-Support-Grey
    Now I don't feel so bad not buying their overpriced products.

I don't know anywhere else to buy foundation for lower prices, however.

Quote Originally Posted by username00101 View Post
    When did Mann lake get purchased? Who bought them?
    Didn't think ML got bought out, they bought out kellys and I think the ones that did their woodenware

Yes you are right, Sorry. I should have said when ml consolidated with kelleys. About that time I believe they also bought what was left of bm. And I believe that owners of ml also own Miller (who make little giant).
    I did not look anything up now. These are just the associations floating around in my head. I hope they are correct. Please right my wrongs if I am off base!

Quote Originally Posted by edzkoda View Post
    Didn't think ML got bought out, they bought out kellys and I think the ones that did their woodenware
    Mann Lake got bought by their management, with funding from a private equity firm. They immediately followed that by buying Kelley Beekeeping. They also bought a lot of the inventory of Brushy Mountain, much of it is being sold at Kelley right now.

I don't think they bought Miller, they have some agreements with them to supply some woodenware. Not 100% on that last part.

Mann Lake was sold by their employee/owners to Gray Mountain Partners, which then, most likely, provided the capital to make all of the beekeeping corporate consolidations/business ventures (Kelley’s/Millers) being discussed. Mann Lake seems to be more profit-oriented now. Their prices have gone up, but I have no problem with the quality of their products. If they gouge, someone else will build a better beehouse!

Mann Lake just announced this morning their Black Friday/Cyber monday sale starts tomorrow (Thanksgiving day).
    Zone 5A 2,200 ft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast