Wintering in Montana

Default Wintering in Montana

Well here in sunny Great Falls it is -5 F this Monday morning. We have a couple inches of powder on the ground and the ski slopes are opening record early. Supposed to be back in the forties in a day or so and the snow will melt as the literally three feet we have already received this fall! It is strange hearing people asking questions about time left to feed for winter! My bees are on internal stores and any welfare I add on the top bars until April when nectar will appear again. It is going to be a long winter!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

That's pretty cold, Vance.
    Here in the Denver area we had 70 degrees yesterday and it was 13 this morning.
    Tomorrow will be 60's.
    How the bees manage to deal with all that is beyond me.

Default Re: Wintering in Montana

Not quite as cold in Eastern WA, but I too chuckle when people are still talking about feeding. That ended weeks ago!
    Last edited by bushpilot; 11-11-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling error
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Default Re: Wintering in Montana

Yes, feeding ended weeks ago, here. We had a +12C day last Sunday, bees died in the thousands, diving into the snow or onto frozen decks.
    Another 2” of snow yesterday. Hopefully just the end of last season’s foragers. Spring will tell.