Forget bees.... It is the cats.

Default Forget bees.... It is the cats.

I just have to hang up an exchange from one of my local "social network" sites.
    Few selected comments are on the pic.
    Of course, I had to comment too - me being me.

FeralCats.jpg

PS: if this belongs in the coffee house, the Mods will move it I guess.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Forget bees.... It is the cats.

Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post

I just have to hang up an exchange from one of my local "social network" sites.
    Few selected comments are on the pic.
    Of course, I had to comment too - me being me.

FeralCats.jpg

PS: if this belongs in the coffee house, the Mods will move it I guess.
    Is it maybe a Bengal or Savannah cat?

https://www.thesprucepets.com/hybrid-cat-breeds-4176576
    Ecclesiastes 11:4

Quote Originally Posted by Litsinger View Post
    Is it maybe a Bengal or Savannah cat?

https://www.thesprucepets.com/hybrid-cat-breeds-4176576
    Some suggested the Savannah.
    Others the Bengal.

All I know - there was no bobcat and it was big.
    Some darn hybrid I figure.

Not a cat person anymore.
    I want a ruthless mice & rabbit hunter - the kids want a kissy-huggy toy (and no mice!)
    No deal.

Another day, saw a picture-perfect "tabby" carrying off a vole next to my potato patch.
    Just a perfect red cat, like here:
    https://www.thesprucepets.com/everyt...d-cats-4145475
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

Schumann and Forrest Down are in Virginia Beach. That cat is Rocky, the missing serval from kitty hawk, nc. He went missing back in April and has been seen up in Va Beach. I'm curious as to the date of that post? Google Rocky the serval.
    Milt

Quote Originally Posted by miltcook View Post
    Schumann and Forrest Down are in Virginia Beach. That cat is Rocky, the missing serval from kitty hawk, nc. He went missing back in April and has been seen up in Va Beach. I'm curious as to the date of that post? Google Rocky the serval.
    Milt
    In this case, Schumann and Forrest Down are Dane County WI.
    There are many of these streets.

But, who knows how many are servals and their hybrids, and similar hybrids are running around (just like bee hybrids).

Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    In this case, Schumann and Forrest Down are Dane County WI.
    There are many of these streets.

But, who knows how many are servals and their hybrids, and similar hybrids are running around (just like bee hybrids).
    in the pic it looks like it has a collar. lost pet is my vote. Now weather those are, or,, should be pets is a whole nuther can of worms. looks young to me as well , a teenager cat, so like 10-11 months or so. IMO not Rocky, girth and sharpness of the spots and ears do not match. Young tiger of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Goose View Post
    in the pic it looks like it has a collar. lost pet is my vote. Now weather those are, or,, should be pets is a whole nuther can of worms. looks young to me as well , a teenager cat, so like 10-11 months or so. IMO not Rocky, girth and sharpness of the spots and ears do not match. Young tiger of some sort.
    GG, pretty sure in the comments of the original site they specified - no collar.
    So the locals pretty much agreed - the "thing" was feral or maybe a homeless escapee.

For sure, the feral cat population is booming and cross-breeding in ways hard to imagine.
    Unsure, if anyone cares to study the cat hybridizing processes going right under our own noses - pretty much why I posted the entire thing.
    Cats, just like bees, are prolific breeders and are a good case of a similar phenomenon (a feral, imported animal - doing very well when left to their own devices).