Tulsi forage

Thread: Tulsi forage

Exclamation Tulsi forage

This morning 49 degrees F and there were many bees working the tulsi my wife had planted several months ago. They have loved this tulsi for many moons and it is still flowering!
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Tulsi forage

Never heard of it before, I guess it's a basil....Now I know how Tulsi Gabbard got her name, since she's part Indian...

Honey, Tulsi & the Sweetness of Summer
    https://www.heart-stone.com/2017/08/...etness-summer/

"Tulsi, Ocimun sanctum, is named after the Hindu goddess who chose to be reincarnated as a sacramental herb to express devotion to the god, Vishnu. Everything associated with the Tulsi plant is considered sacred, the soil, air and the water nourishing her. Traveling in India, or visiting people “in the know here in the U.S.”, you will find Sacred Basil plants outside of people’s homes. Tulsi gives the protection of the divine from birth to death and opens the heart and mind. Mala beads are made from Tulsi stalks. All these gifts in exchange for caring for this beautiful aromatic plant."
    8 years, 30 colonies, no chemical treatments

My Hare Krishna buddy will be overjoyed! Tulsi is a sacred plant to the Hindis. I'll bet he plants a thousand of them when he hears about the honey & pollen factor.

Yeah, the other thing about it, it has been growing like a monster in our garden box, spreading all over the place.
    I plan to plant it around the bee hives next spring!

Quote Originally Posted by kilocharlie View Post
    My Hare Krishna buddy will be overjoyed! Tulsi is a sacred plant to the Hindis. I'll bet he plants a thousand of them when he hears about the honey & pollen factor.
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.

I expect a honey flavor report if you are successful!

Roger that!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilocharlie View Post
    I expect a honey flavor report if you are successful!