The right number of hives to keep it fun - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: The right number of hives to keep it fun

42 is the correct answer according to the computer Deep Thought in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: The right number of hives to keep it fun

Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Like I said in my "blog" if I recall - I realized what I have been doing is a "reality game" - that is really the fun factor.
    We, in the family, enjoy playing strategy games (a good example - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne_(board_game))

I do the same, only on an area of several square miles and with the time scope going in years.
    Lots of variables; many of these are outside of my control (weather, landscape, people, beekeepers with their own bees and methods, regulations, etc, etc).
    My goal is to survive the environment and get the high quality returns with the least possible effort.
    I have hard time explaining to my kids the concept of my game.

Outsmart, outplay, survive - "The Survivor. CBS".
    Greg, I would agree at some point it is like a game. Anticipate the next move, have a Strategy, make your play and learn. Also +1 to Mike P if it ain't fun why do it? My old challenge was to "be ready" Now I have a dry erase board on the wall. looking at supering next summer backwards to today. And box count , hive count etc. So I see my job for this week is to make 5 NUC bottoms and lids and order 5 more NUC boxes. then in Feb is making some supers.
    It is way more fun if you are ready when you pop the lid to whatever the bee gods have in store for your day. I would think the pros know what is under the lid, I still get a surprise once and a while.
    Well happy Holidays , Merry Christmas to all and to all a good season.
    I have visions of fat queen cells going thu my head.
    Matilda is that you.......

GG

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234