Please Help the Kids in Oaxaca

Default Please Help the Kids in Oaxaca

I'll be closing this GoFundMe next week. I'll be traveling to Mexico on 11/14 for a speaking tour of Xochimilco and Oaxaca. I will be taking a debit card for the children at the escuela secondaria tecnica no. 14. To date the fund has reached more than $6000. I tried to raise 10,000 for them but have fallen short of my goal. Can anyone help get closer to that goal? I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Mike

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-oaxa...zAv7CWwxo-r53w

Can we all help support the students at Oaxaca escuela-secondaria-tecnica-no-14. When I teach school kids about honey bees, I have to start at the beginning. This is a worker...this is an egg. Well nothing like that with these students in Oaxaca. The kids are amazing in what they know. Already making nucs and raising queens. They have a great program and a good teacher. What they don't have are resources. Bee suits suitable for working africanized honey bees. Woodenware to allow them to expand their apiary. Maybe an extractor that isn't an old galvanized rust bucket. Let's raise enough funds to support their future education.

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Please Help the Kids in Oaxaca

I see you got the link fixed, removed this one.
    Last edited by grozzie2; 11-02-2019 at 10:48 AM.

FundMe is closed. Taking the funds to Mexico tomorrow. I'll be at the school next week. If anyone here donated, I thank you very much. The students will be sending out thank you letters.

I donated a little. Thanks for doing this, and let us know how it helped.

Enjoy your trip Michael. I had ignored this thread for some time until you brought it up again at the beginning of this month. Once I actually read it, I realized what a worthy cause it was. Best of luck to you and the kids.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.