New to the Forum

Default New to the Forum

Good morning,

My name is John and I have been keeping bees in my backyard for a little more than a year now. I have two hives that I hope will make it trough the winter this year. I have a local mentor that has been a great friend and a wealth of knowledge. I still continue to read, listen, and watch as much as I can to stay informed and better ways to do things.

My plans for my membership of this forum is to read and learn more. I probably will post little but on occasion I might post something or answer questions that I am 100% that I know that I can. But I will try to contribute as much as I can.

Recently (for the last year or so) I have been watching videos of Michael Palmer and really enjoy what he has to say. His wealth of knowledge is vast. I would love to see a book written by him so that this information continues to be available.

My day job now is a United States Naval Sailor and this keeps me from really expanding my apiary much. I one day do plan on going much larger after my time in the Navy. But until that day comes I really do not want more than 10 hives plus a few nucs.

I am excited to read and see what kind of information there is out there. See you around.

John H.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: New to the Forum

welcome aboard john!
    journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Welcome John.

Many have asked Michael P to write a book, but at the present, I think he is busy with his bees. Another Michael (Bush) does have a book and it is a wealth of knowlege whether you are TF or not.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Welcome John, good luck with your bees.
    Rod

Welcome. 2nd year. Michael Palmer posts here on occasion which is a treat. I’ve been following A Canadian Beekeepers Blog on YouTube. Highly recommended. He’s bringing his bees inside for winter as we speak.
    I'm smart but at the end of the day I'm still the help.

Welcome, thanks for your service!
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/c/BackyardBeesNC

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    Welcome, thanks for your service!
    I could not have said it better myself- we look forward to hearing about your beekeeping efforts, and thank you for your service to our country.

Russ

Welcome