In the beginning of this year I bought an oxalic acid wand and a new battery. I used the wand in the spring and it worked fine for my 5 hives. Now, I'm in the process of using it again for fall. This morning I used it on 3 hives and then came back in the afternoon to do the rest.
The wand warmed up but the oxalic acid just didn't form the vapor. When I took it out of the hive the OA was still in the bowl and looked dry and a bit stiff. What is causing it not to heat up or is there a problem with the OA?
Not sure what to do now. I did check the battery and charged it but it didn't need much. Don't think that's the problem.
Could it be the OA if the lid wasn't fully sealed in storage? Can the wand get encrusted and not work?