Global Warming - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Default Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    MJC417, with a honey bee preserved in amber said to be 27 million years old I think the bees must be laughing their heads off with us humans who have been around for maybe 20,000 years claiming to know all about climate chang. The bees have been there and done that, survived countless cold winters and hot summers. Sure some of them were trapped in places and died off but the species have survived and have flourished.
    You're correct! They do survive. Would most of them survive in the northeast during an LIA? Probably not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

It depends on what a LIA is could just be another POC.

>Tell me what impact do you think burning fossil fuels have? You going with none?

Using up probably our most valuable resource.

>Acid rain false as well?

Yea... I'm afraid so. That has been thoroughly debunked in recent years. If the predictions had been true we would all be dead by now...

>Particulate matter does not bother asthma?

What does particulate matter have to do with global warming? I would love to see a severe reduction in particulate matter but most of it where I live comes from the farmers harvesting their corn and soybeans.

>Are you strictly objecting on theoretical grounds that no false hood should go unchallenged or are you personally being impacted by those who are not deniers?

Deniers? Wow! That's not an emotional appeal. I WILL be severely impacted if the Green New Deal passes... and even if it's some less severe actions, there will be some impact on all of our lives. How about we minimize pollution (real pollution, not the trace gas we all rely on for life on the planet to exist aka CO2) and use fossil fuels judiciously so they will last for more generations, and otherwise be respectful of the earth. But REALLY let’s stop manufacturing BILLIONS of pounds of poison every year and spraying it on the earth. How about giving the farmers an incentive to stop bulldozing down all the tree rows. How about trying to maintain habitat for wildlife INCLUDING pollinators. I'm in favor of all of that. It is actually demonstratively REAL.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    ....... How about we minimize pollution (real pollution, not the trace gas we all rely on for life on the planet to exist aka CO2) and use fossil fuels judiciously so they will last for more generations, and otherwise be respectful of the earth. But REALLY let’s stop manufacturing BILLIONS of pounds of poison every year and spraying it on the earth. How about giving the farmers an incentive to stop bulldozing down all the tree rows. How about trying to maintain habitat for wildlife INCLUDING pollinators. I'm in favor of all of that. It is actually demonstratively REAL.
    +100.
    General pollution control is an actionable item and really requires no fighting and arguing about.
    It is a real and obvious problem to resolve.
    Many positive side-affects
    - including the human-factor CO2/methane/particle reduction;
    - not including the non-human factors - as being outside of human control and there is nothing we can do (including the non-human CO2/methane/etc generated by natural processes)).
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

That has been thoroughly debunked in recent years.

https://link.springer.com/article/10...533-018-0505-3 I'll tell the fishing community not to worry, it's thoroughly debunked.

(I'm not sure there is a definition of "green new deal". I'm not in the let's go crazy side of climate change, just not in the "it's not me" side either.)
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

MB,
    Aside from the Believer or Denier labels probably closer than distant on any specific policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    >How about trying to maintain habitat for wildlife INCLUDING pollinators. I'm in favor of all of that. It is actually demonstratively REAL.
    I've read all your website and your responses on this thread.
    Have to say I find it hard to find anything I disagree with.
    We ALL will be severely impacted by plans like the Green New Deal except for those at the very top.
    Where you live was one of the area hot the hardest by the Dust Bowl drought and that was also falsely blamed on mankind.
    Check this map of the affected areas and explain why, if mankind was responsible for it, why the areas outside of the colored areas weren't affected
    in spite of the same farming going on there:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...RAD%29.svg.png

It's like the claim that sea levels are rising and the proof is flooding in Miami but not the surrounding areas....

I've always assumed the storms of the dustbowl days were a result of people breaking the sod and attempting to farm ground that was far too light and sandy and should have remained as pasture ground. I don't know that the temps were necessarily hotter in the 30's than in quite a number of years since then.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Amazing how what we are taught in school by well meaning teachers with an agenda can alter our understanding of reality.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

>General pollution control is an actionable item and really requires no fighting and arguing about.
    >It is a real and obvious problem to resolve.

And, contrary to what "believers" believe, all of us "deniers" are in favor of reducing pollution. I don't know of a single human on this planet who is in FAVOR of pollution.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

There are deniers and then there are deniers. Denying that the sea level is rising is over the top. A little bit of reality remains to say it is not man made, not at all, is just blind. Sea level might not be rising in Kansas, it is in Maine in the cove I grew up on.

To say mankind will adapt to a changing world (so don't worry) while saying the economy is going to ruin if we move away from fossil fuels is odd. Going to happen for good and bad.

I don't know of a single human on this planet who is in FAVOR of pollution.

I am much more in favor of my pollution than yours; not many people that do not a have a touch of that sentiment.

I am much more in favor of my pollution than yours;
    If proper cost is charged proportionally against your pollution - such talks will reduce.

In fact, the marginal cost of pollution should curve up (just like the taxation).
    So - the pollution should be progressively taxed.
    (weekly trash bins could be charged like that - bigger bin/higher marginal charge; right now it is a joke - trash bin $100/year - people are not prompted to even worry about pollution as it costs ~nothing to them).

Until pollution pinches monetarily - nothing will change.
    Most everyone knows to say the right things (and then immediately do the opposite).
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

I receive emails from NASA Earth Observstory, todays email photo was titled “2019’s Ozone Hole is the Smallest on Record” due to unusual weather patterns.
    Proverbs 16:24

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    I receive emails from NASA Earth Observstory, todays email photo was titled “2019’s Ozone Hole is the Smallest on Record” due to unusual weather patterns.
    Remember when the international ( most of It) mandated a change in Freon ? Has your world ended?

>Denying that the sea level is rising is over the top.

The Dutch have been tracking the high and low tides since about 600 AD. It's been rising very consistently for the last 1400 years. The world hasn't come to an end.

IPCC in its third report (2001) conceded (emphasis added)

In climate research and modelling, we should recognize that we are dealing with a coupled non-linear chaotic system, and therefore that the long-term prediction of future climate states is not possible. (Chapter 14, Section 14.2.2.2. )]

https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/doom...lls-the-beans/

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    Remember when the international ( most of It) mandated a change in Freon ? Has your world ended?
    I am not an advocate of the never ending global “doom” of climate change, which is why I posted what I did. I do remember the freon thing, it wasn’t that long ago, so I was surprised to read how quickly the ozone hole has shrunk.
    As for my world ending, I really don’t like the world that much so I’m OK with it ending whenever the good LORD ends it.
    Proverbs 16:24

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverdale View Post
    As for my world ending, I really don’t like the world that much so I’m OK with it ending whenever the good LORD ends it.
    I totally agree with this ^^^. "My" world will end when I die...which makes me a 'short-timer'.

Buzzing's post above.....I agree there also. Most weather forecasters can't tell me what it's going to do tomorrow with 100% certainty.....not to mention next week, next year or 50 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    There are deniers and then there are deniers. Denying that the sea level is rising is over the top. A little bit of reality remains to say it is not man made, not at all, is just blind. Sea level might not be rising in Kansas, it is in Maine in the cove I grew up on.
    Hunh?
    Please, I read all sorts of stories about how the sea levels are rising and they point to flooding in Miami.
    Why aren't the Keys under water?
    I'll tell you why. Parts of Miami are sinking.

More than once a bunch of people tried to make a documentary in the arctic about the melting ice and economic man made disaster
    and got caught in the ice they were there to document melting.
    MS MALMO - 9/3/2019
    Kronprins Haakon - 7/17/2019
    Snow Dragon and the Academic Shokalskiy - 12/2013

Sooo, I thought sea levels were rising due to melting polar ice?
    It isn't melting.
    It actually appears to be increasing so where are the reports of sea levels lowering?
    I heard that they are no longer using polar bears in their propaganda because there are too many of those pesky bears!

Quote Originally Posted by saltybee
    To say mankind will adapt to a changing world (so don't worry) while saying the economy is going to ruin if we move away from fossil fuels is odd. Going to happen for good and bad.

Do you disagree that the economy will be ruined if we eliminate fossil fuels?
    Are you ready and willing to go back to the Dark Ages?

Seems to me that you are a reality denier.
    Stop denying reality.

3bjejk.jpg
    Last edited by LizardKing; 10-23-2019 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added meme

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast