Global Warming - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Default Re: Global Warming

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Rules..

Pretty close to a move to Tailgater or a closed thread. Just saying....
    If all aspects of a topic can not be discussed freely then by all means close the thread. Censorship does not make for a discussion anyway. Just saying.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Just a good informational article - they mentioned yesterday in NPR.
    In the US - it is really about transportation - that is the real elephant.
    All else is second tier pollution.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ype=collection
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

For those who can not read the article for any reason, here are few snippets.

#1 - Transportation and growing
    #2 - Electricity generation and falling
    #3 - Industry
    epa_charts-Artboard_7.jpg

Major metro compared:
    MainMetroPollution.jpg
    MainMetroPollution_NYC_Dallas.jpg
    MainMetroPollution_NYC_Dallas_PerPerson.jpg
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

And a couple more.
    In general - people don't give a crud.
    That's the essence of it, like it or not.
    People like to talk; people don't like to walk.
    Until the real costs are incurred with the behavior - nothing gonna change.

Only paying the real "global" cost (including the pollution factor) will do anything meaningful (fixed - removed the NOT).

MainMetroPollution_Milwaukee_PerPerson.jpg
    MainMetroPollution_PersonalBehavior.jpg
    Last edited by GregV; 10-17-2019 at 10:41 AM.

"Akin to, and largely responsible for the sweeping changes in our industrial-military posture, has been the technological revolution during recent decades.
    In this revolution, research has become central, it also becomes more formalized, complex, and costly. A steadily increasing share is conducted for, by, or at the direction of, the Federal government....The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocation, and the power of money is ever present and is gravely to be regarded. Yet in holding scientific discovery in respect, as we should, we must also be alert to the equal and opposite danger that public policy could itself become the captive of a scientific-technological elite."--Dwight D. Eisenhower's farewell address

"On April 28, 1975, Newsweek published a provocative article, “The Cooling World,” in which writer and science editor Peter Gwynne described a significant chilling of the world’s climate, with evidence accumulating “so massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it.” He raised the possibility of shorter growing seasons and poor crop yields, famine, and shipping lanes blocked by ice, perhaps to begin as soon as the mid-1980s. Meteorologists, he wrote, were “almost unanimous” in the opinion that our planet was getting colder. Over the years that followed, Gwynne’s article became one of the most-cited stories in Newsweek’s history.
    "And Gwynne’s was no lone voice, at least in the popular press. Scores of similar articles, some with even more dire predictions of a “little ice age” to come, appeared during the 1970s in such mainstream publications as Time, Science Digest, The Los Angeles Times, Fortune, The Chicago Tribune, New York Magazine, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, Popular Science, and National Geographic."--Jack El-Hai

Name one prediction of climate scientists that has ever come true.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Whether I agree with you or not, I am not sure what your goal is in posting.

If you hoping to convince someone who is not on your side, you probably won't. If you hoping to offend someone who is not on your side, you probably will.
    Although I agree with his post; you're right. Not going to gain anything by slamming someones views.

Climate Change is here. Finding common ground to work towards saving our planet is what is needed. Not pointing fingers at someone who believes differently than you do. That solves nothing. Sadly China is far ahead in Green Energy; and if we would just work together, we, the US, could create a lot of jobs and pull ourselves up by our boot straps. The problem is in DC... they won't work together to help fix this country. So it's up to us, our Local and State government, to start it and maybe they will follow. As long as Corporate keep their hands out of our leaders pockets. LOL
    "Where wisdom is called for, force is of little use."
    Herodotus (circa 485-425 BC), Greek Historian

Scientists can argue.
    Meanwhile every one else should stop polluting.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    Name one prediction of climate scientists that has ever come true.
    I'd like to see one named.
    They often miss so bad that the exact opposite of the prediction comes to pass.
    Maybe just maybe we staved off another Ice Age with our cars but the fact is we now have all sorts of emissions controls on cars so that can't be the cause.

I did love that video about the guy who found that we need a lot more hoofed stock on land to stop desertification.
    Start building McDonalds in Africa and raise a lot more cows!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerock
    Climate Change is here.
    Where?
    Hold him for the police to get there and jail him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerock
    Finding common ground to work towards saving our planet is what is needed. Not pointing fingers at someone who believes differently than you do. That solves nothing. Sadly China is far ahead in Green Energy; and if we would just work together, we, the US, could create a lot of jobs and pull ourselves up by our boot straps. The problem is in DC... they won't work together to help fix this country. So it's up to us, our Local and State government, to start it and maybe they will follow. As long as Corporate keep their hands out of our leaders pockets. LOL
    Sorry, I see nothing in your post that is actually true.
    Human caused climate change is NOT here.

China is NOT ahead in "Green Energy" and is in fact a major polluter of the planet:
    Check out the pollution:
    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/10/...ze-over-china/

The US is in fact cleaner than it has been in a long time and we are not destroying the planet.
    We are the ones doing the most FOR the environment.
    I am tired of bashing the USA which is in fact the most generous country in history who has done the most to advance
    mankind than any other country that ever existed.

Feel free to blow a gasket at me stating the obvious.

Yes, mankind is very good at adapting. Accompanied by fussing, whining and denying. Global warming and pollution are intertwined. When you say global warming is fake, I hear I want to be free to pollute.

Do you really want leaded gas back? Well sure my old lawn mower does. How about my 12 mpg 59 Chevy with no seat belts and 500 lb bumpers. Hated that change at the time.

So the 60's predictions of running out of oil in the nineties was wrong. Thank God. But do you think it will not run out? I like oil, I'd like to save a little for later. The easy oil it is gone. the hard oil will eventually be gone as well, predicting when incorrectly does not change that fact.

Easy coal is gone. Black lung and superfund sights can also go as far as I'm concerned. Funded by tax payers not low electric rate payers. Down wind people can keep their asthma, acid rain and be quiet about it.

Local benefits over general populations paying for the true costs of pollution is not right. Reminds me of the " If I want to smoke in a restaurant that is my right" attitude. Sorry objecting to your exhaust is my right. You demanding that I reduce mine is yours.

Now that I've changed all your ways....
    It is hard to design a safety net that some will not use as a hammock.

> When you say global warming is fake, I hear I want to be free to pollute.

But why do you HEAR that when that is CLEARLY not what is being said. There is a WORLD of difference between CO2 which is a trace gas without which life could not exist and pollution. You would be better off to hear the ACTUAL words, and not the ones you imagine.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

If you are convinced man is not responsible for ( I guess any impact) then why do fools who believe in global warming bother you? Tell me what impact do you think burning fossil fuels have? You going with none? Acid rain false as well?

Particulate matter does not bother asthma? Are you strictly objecting on theoretical grounds that no false hood should go unchallenged or are you personally being impacted by those who are not deniers?

The whole narrative that man is destroying the planet with his evil ways is pretty old.
    Lots of calls for major changes that coincidentally benefit those calling for those changes financially and politically.
    The extreme and radical changes being demanded now would be a major disaster and cause massive suffering worldwide.
    and like Tim KS points out those demanding it will not suffer those consequences and many of them reap major reward being chicken littles.

Lots of calls for major changes that coincidentally benefit those calling for those changes financially and politically.

Define lots.
    Is that more or less subversives than those forking over their own money to make a little bit of difference. More talk show "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee View Post
    Define lots.
    lot
    /lšt/
    Learn to pronounce
    pronouninformal
    pronoun: lots

a large number or amount; a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltybee
    Is that more or less subversives than those forking over their own money to make a little bit of difference. More talk show "facts".
    When you use force of law and government for compliance it is very subversive.

sub∑vert
    /səbˈvərt/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    verb: subvert; 3rd person present: subverts; past tense: subverted; past participle: subverted; gerund or present participle: subverting

undermine the power and authority of (an established system or institution).

Basically subverting the free market and citizens freedom in the name of "saving the planet".
    Saving it from what?
    Dire end of the world predictions by those who have been making them for decades without a single prediction coming to pass.

Actually this is why the "Hockey Stick" model is not used.
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2019-08-...ick-graph.html

What concerns me more is the past, several LIAs have been recorded not that long ago. During the Sporer and Maunder minimum solar activity may have been the cause. The 1816 Year without a summer a volcano may have been the cause. Whether its paintings of snow covered skeps from the 1400s or poems from starving people in the 1800s its history and can happen again. Would bees today with varroa and diseases survive another summer like 1816? Not likely. The chances of another LIA? Likely.

https://interestingengineering.com/t...ound-the-world

The trees were all leafless,
    the mountains were brown,
    The face of the country was scathed with a frown;
    And bleak were the hills,
    and the foliage sere
    As had never been seen at
    that time of year.
    ~Anonymous

MJC417, with a honey bee preserved in amber said to be 27 million years old I think the bees must be laughing their heads off with us humans who have been around for maybe 20,000 years claiming to know all about climate chang. The bees have been there and done that, survived countless cold winters and hot summers. Sure some of them were trapped in places and died off but the species have survived and have flourished.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast