Things I WON'T get done this year
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pepperell, MA.
    Posts
    6,172

    Default Things I WON'T get done this year

    Since I make a list every year of things that I want to do (and then get down because they didn't all get done), I thought I'd start a list of things I already know I won't complete. Heck, it's been a tough start to the year. So....


    • I won't finish painting the Southeast side of the house. Again. I'm going to blame it on the fact that my granddaughter sleeps in a nursery on that side and I don't want to disturb her while I'm scraping paint.
    • I won't re-side the horse shed. Not until my son finishes plinking all the squirrels that have chewed holes in it.
    • I won't pull and re-build the engine on the old Cub Cadet. It was supposed to be a winter project. Haha....
    • I won't clear all the poison ivy along the long edge of the property. I'm doing this to convince my wife to let me get goats. But, about 10 seconds of research showed me that divorces cost way more than goats so I'm in a quandary on this one.
    • I won't let the split wood lay outside all spring before I stack it under the open side of the barn (this is actually an open lie by the way).
    • I won't acquire more bees or split more colonies than I can comfortably tend to in my limited time at home.
    • I won't actually abide by the sentence above this one.


    OK...who won't be doing what this year???
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Algoma District Northern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,252

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    I have decided I definitely will not be ordering another truck load of logs to process for firewood. Picture from 15 years ago; wheel barrow is getting a bit shaky.
    Ravenseye, you would probably thank your wife for talking you out of the goat proposition. They can be very entertaining but even more creative than bees at finding ways to be trouble. We had up to 35 at one time back in the 50's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Frank

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Campbell River, BC, CA
    Posts
    1,800

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Heck, it's been a tough start to the year. So....
    Well ain't that the truth. On sunday we decided to reboot 2020, unplugged, waited 20 seconds, plugged back in. Didn't seem to help, an hour later find out a good friend in the interior is in hospital after a heart attack....

    Things we wont be doing this year

    - Wont be going on that cruise for 60th birthday (ship is not sailing, no flights to get there if it was)
    - Wont be going to the provincial bee association semi annual meeting next week (cancelled)

    That's just the month of March and start of April. For the rest of the year, we aren't looking that far ahead anymore. My wife is to busy putting in long days at the hospital, and I'm running errands for daughter that's quarantined at her home. Yah, things are real different, and no, was not how we planned, so we've tossed all plans and will just go with the flow for a while.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Aylett, Virginia
    Posts
    4,600

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    Well, I won't be going to Tampa in May for my niece's 8th grade graduation. Ceremony, along with the rest of the school year, was cancelled. Scratched my name off the vacation calendar at work this morning. Very thankful that my other niece got married in Orlando at the beginning of this month and I was able to attend that event.

    The honey do list for the year at my house is quite long. Unless I get sick and die, my wife is going to expect most of it done. Even if I do die, I think she will only make a minor concession. I am having flashbacks of "A Weekend at Bernie's".
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Catskills, Delaware Cty, New York, USA
    Posts
    1,852

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    Quote Originally Posted by crofter View Post
    I have decided I definitely will not be ordering another truck load of logs to process for firewood. Picture from 15 years ago; wheel barrow is getting a bit shaky.
    Ravenseye, you would probably thank your wife for talking you out of the goat proposition. They can be very entertaining but even more creative than bees at finding ways to be trouble. We had up to 35 at one time back in the 50's.
    Thats a little wheelbarrow!
    Proverbs 16:24

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Catskills, Delaware Cty, New York, USA
    Posts
    1,852

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    Since I make a list every year of things that I want to do (and then get down because they didn't all get done), I thought I'd start a list of things I already know I won't complete. Heck, it's been a tough start to the year. So....


    • I won't finish painting the Southeast side of the house. Again. I'm going to blame it on the fact that my granddaughter sleeps in a nursery on that side and I don't want to disturb her while I'm scraping paint.
    • I won't re-side the horse shed. Not until my son finishes plinking all the squirrels that have chewed holes in it.
    • I won't pull and re-build the engine on the old Cub Cadet. It was supposed to be a winter project. Haha....
    • I won't clear all the poison ivy along the long edge of the property. I'm doing this to convince my wife to let me get goats. But, about 10 seconds of research showed me that divorces cost way more than goats so I'm in a quandary on this one.
    • I won't let the split wood lay outside all spring before I stack it under the open side of the barn (this is actually an open lie by the way).
    • I won't acquire more bees or split more colonies than I can comfortably tend to in my limited time at home.
    • I won't actually abide by the sentence above this one.


    OK...who won't be doing what this year???
    All sounds like good reasons to me, and agree with the last two. I will not keep the splits I make. Or let my hives get too many boxes that I need a ladder. I think Im kidding myself.
    Proverbs 16:24

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Northern Colorado, USA
    Posts
    706

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    Quote Originally Posted by grozzie2 View Post
    so we've tossed all plans and will just go with the flow for a while.
    That is about where I am at.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Spokane, Washington, USA
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    * I won't be buying the tractor I was planning.
    * I won't be doing the road trip to Alaska.
    * I won't be advancing much on the Stinson Voyager (airplane) rebuild project.

    And, I might not be continuing the retirement I started last year, we'll see.
    So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

  10. #9

    Default Re: Things I WON'T get done this year

    I won't be able to visit my family in the US this summer because of Corona

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •