Since I make a list every year of things that I want to do (and then get down because they didn't all get done), I thought I'd start a list of things I already know I won't complete. Heck, it's been a tough start to the year. So....
- I won't finish painting the Southeast side of the house. Again. I'm going to blame it on the fact that my granddaughter sleeps in a nursery on that side and I don't want to disturb her while I'm scraping paint.
- I won't re-side the horse shed. Not until my son finishes plinking all the squirrels that have chewed holes in it.
- I won't pull and re-build the engine on the old Cub Cadet. It was supposed to be a winter project. Haha....
- I won't clear all the poison ivy along the long edge of the property. I'm doing this to convince my wife to let me get goats. But, about 10 seconds of research showed me that divorces cost way more than goats so I'm in a quandary on this one.
- I won't let the split wood lay outside all spring before I stack it under the open side of the barn (this is actually an open lie by the way).
- I won't acquire more bees or split more colonies than I can comfortably tend to in my limited time at home.
- I won't actually abide by the sentence above this one.
OK...who won't be doing what this year???