OK guys, I’m so ticked off at myself. I made a HUGE mistake and I deserve any verbal abuse that I get. I went to a hive on my hunting lease last night to apply the last round of oxalic acid vaporization. That’s when I noticed the towel still sealing the door of the hive from the second round of treatment I did 7 DAYS AGO. I yanked the towel out of the door and dug out a pile of dead bees from the bottom of the hive. I briefly opened the hive and a large majority of the bees were still alive and well. I just hope the queen made it. Temps have ranged from 70 to 90 - no bueno. I do have a screened bottom board so that may have prevented total loss.
I will give them a few days and report back. The moral of the story is don’t be an idiot. Also it’s good not to get into too much of a hurry.