Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bee jacket/suit

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael Bush 
#1 ·
My jacket is in need of replacement. It was a partially ventilated jacket form Betterbee and it was fine, but I did have a problem with bees sneaking in where the veil zips. The jacket had a zipper up the middle and then the round veil had a zipper coming from each side that met in the middle near the base of the neck. A Velcro flap pulled down over where the zippers met but it never really had a great seal and then as you would move that flap would bulge out if you looked down. I tried putting the flap down in various ways but ultimately it never sealed well and twice recently I had a bee sneak in through the gap. So I want to find a jacket that has no gaps. I see some info on here but I wanted to specifically see if anybody had similar issues with jackets they like so I can confidently order one for myself in the near future that will work better than my current one. Thanks!

#5 ·
>Never have had a problem with bees getting in except when we forget to zip the hood closed.

Yes, I've been wearing an Ultra Breeze for more than a decade now and I have the same experience. Even when I forget to zip it up I usually don't get any bees inside... :) One time, though, I forgot to get the center one all the way to the top and it left a distinct gap that I didn't see. The bees did. I got stung on the throat about three times quickly in a row before I figured it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.