OA Vap Treatment, Mice and others thoughts

Default OA Vap Treatment, Mice and others thoughts

Hello,

I manufacture my own version of an Oxalic Acid Vaporizer working with 110VAC and have some hints on how to. This applies to most OA VAP's with a 1/8" vaporizer tube, so I hope it is not seen as a sales pitch.

OA treatment is generally performed when the entrance reducers are in stalled and for me that would be the fall 3 1/2" one, but when it is installed like this

3.jpg

The vaporizer kind a hangs pointing down like this
    4.jpg

So I did turn my reducer around to have the entrance slightly off from the bottom like this
    5.jpg
    in this setting the vaporizer is leveled
    6.jpg
    I use a paint stir stick cut in half, with the 1/4" hole to seal the entrance.

Using the OA VAP from the front is (in MHO) not the best way, going from the side like this 13.jpg works great. Close with a 1/4" dowel or golf tee will do the trick.

More soon.

Joerg
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: OA Vap Treatment, Mice and others thoughts

One more post on this.

Going from the back like this 9.jpg works best, but I understand this could be a problem if you stack four hives on a pallet, where the side treatment would be best.

11.jpg

One could go from the top, with a proper seal, 16.jpg but would need to bend the 1/8" tube 90 down and some escape of the vapor may occur.

My vaporizer is kept 'upside-down' between charges IMG_8136.jpg

Cheers, Joerg
    Summ Summ Bienchen summ herum

Default Re: OA Vap Treatment, Mice and others thoughts

I posted in another thread before I found this thread. With your vaporizer, is there a problem with it pointing down like in the first picture? We have some entrances that are lower but the entrance reducer is different and not as easy to change as just flipping it over.