Anyone else use Mann Lake's Pro DFM? And if yes, what were the results?

Default Anyone else use Mann Lake's Pro DFM? And if yes, what were the results?

Hi everyone!

We purchased the $500 bucket of Mann Lake's Pro DFM about 6 months ago when it was on sale. Never used it until last week. Can't seem to find any reviews or comments on it.

Mann Lake personnel informed us many commercial beekeepers are using it.

Just curious...

Anyone else use Mann Lake's Pro DFM? And if yes, what were the results?

Soar

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Anyone else use Mann Lake's Pro DFM? And if yes, what were the results?

I tried it this year and treated three times so far. Basically all my queens were new in June, no runts, laying well and the hives have good to excellent populations, in fact I’ve had to bottom super quite a few to give them room which is ok, I had extra frames after extraction.
    A lot of people think it’s hocus pocus, but for the amount used per hive a couple three time a year and it might just give them a boost going into winter? I’ve spent my money in a lot worse ways lol.
    Rod

Default Re: Anyone else use Mann Lake's Pro DFM? And if yes, what were the results?

I've bounced back-and-forth between SuperDFM and ProDFM, depending on which I can get cheaper. For the last few years I've been mixing it in syrup during this time of year, and then sprinkling it onto fondant for winter feeding. Can't say for sure it works--the science behind the microbial supplements seems to make sense, but I haven't really studied the research or anything. I do know that my overwintering success rate is really, really good compared to national and regional averages. So it's one of several things I do as part of my winter prep routine, and I don't plan to stop doing it unless there's some compelling reason.

Thanks guys!

May I ask how often you treat them with the Pro DFM?

We just gave our first treatment this week. I kinda wish I had treated a couple of times this year...

I treated when weather permitted, when the hives were split up for nucs (each one) and just before the main nectar flow started. I’m going to treat when I start feeding or maybe as bee Arthur suggests in the first feeding.
    Rod