Kirk Webster - 20 Years of Commercial Beekeeping Without Treatments of Any Kind

Default Kirk Webster - 20 Years of Commercial Beekeeping Without Treatments of Any Kind

One of my favorites examples - Kirk Webster.
    Enjoy the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFD2jD0B67k
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Kirk Webster - 20 Years of Commercial Beekeeping Without Treatments of Any Kind

Was there mentioned any numbers? Hives, kg, mites ?

(My hearing problem is getting serious, a video with a bad quality voice is a nightmare)

Default Re: Kirk Webster - 20 Years of Commercial Beekeeping Without Treatments of Any Kind

It was a very quiet video, don't worry Juhani i couldn't hear it properly either i gave up about 5 minutes in.

Flicked through some of the powerpoint pics, looked pretty interesting though!
    "Every viewpoint, is a view from a point." - Solomon Parker

I listened to his presentation at Apimondia. I respect his work and wouldn't say anything against him, personally. But, I do have issues with what he says...rather, what he doesn't say. He makes it sound as if his bees are all strong and healthy. Well, what about the huge losses his bees suffer every two or three years. What about...All the nucs he raises are the key to his success, not his magical bees. His theory that diseases and parasites make our bees stronger is a bit much. How did Acarapis make our bees stronger when concerning anything other than Acarapis?

Kirk is a good guy and a good beekeeper. All I ask is that he tells the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    .....All the nucs he raises are the key to his success, not his magical bees.....
    Regardless of the details (agreed on some)...

Everyone can do just the same - the nuc program.
    Especially if one does not even depend on the bees for the livelihood (loosing few hives is not the question of your basic income).
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

One of my favorite memories is sitting around Kirk Webster’s dinner table sharing lunch and talking about bees. His beekeeping practices show a way to harness the native productive and adaptive capacity of bees.
    David Matlock

>One of my favorite memories is sitting around Kirk Webster’s dinner table sharing lunch and talking about bees. His beekeeping practices show a way to harness the native productive and adaptive capacity of bees.

Ditto. My most lucid memory though was breakfast, talking bees with Kirk and I was eating some Stoney Creek, cream on top, yogurt with some of Kirk's honey in it and it was so delicious it brought tears to my eyes.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

And Im SO proud that after our visit and seeing the site of his new home he later asked me, a Finn, for advice how to build a sauna properly!
    I hope he has had many relaxing moments there.