Fedor Lazutin - where exactly did he live?

Question Fedor Lazutin - where exactly did he live?

Hi, all,

I'm re-reading "Keeping Bees with a smile" and I'm wondering where exactly did he live. Because.

I'm trying to glean from that when exactly to do a spring inspection, in Lilburn GA and want to cross-reference the temperature record from he lived compared to my neck of the woods.

Regards,
    Thomas
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Fedor Lazutin - where exactly did he live?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzow View Post
    Hi, all,

I'm re-reading "Keeping Bees with a smile" and I'm wondering where exactly did he live. Because.

I'm trying to glean from that when exactly to do a spring inspection, in Lilburn GA and want to cross-reference the temperature record from he lived compared to my neck of the woods.

Regards,
    Thomas
    Google: Kaluga, Kaluga Oblast, Russia
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

Thanks very much Greg!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Google: Kaluga, Kaluga Oblast, Russia
    My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.

Looking at the temperature record for overnight lows, it looks like April May in Kaluga Russia is like February March in Lilburn GA!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzow View Post
    Looking at the temperature record for overnight lows, it looks like April May in Kaluga Russia is like February March in Lilburn GA!
    Yes; about right.
    Former "smoker boy". Classic, square 12 frame Dadants >> Long hive/Short frame/chemical-free experimentations.

yes, and us northerners won't appreciate you rubbing it in!!! It's a long winter with no bee action up north. I still have a few more weeks tho.

oppps

Actually I much prefer the cold and snow to Hotlanta. But the missus would definitely veto.

Quote Originally Posted by trishbookworm View Post
    yes, and us northerners won't appreciate you rubbing it in!!! It's a long winter with no bee action up north. I still have a few more weeks tho.