b-box

Thread: b-box

Default b-box

Another crowdfunded hive for new beekeepers. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...ome-beekeeping

I'm a little unclear how you get in there to inspect the brood chamber, apply varroa treatments, and stuff like that. And I'm unsure whether the bees would happily store honey in those clear boxes, exposed to the light.

On the other hand, for someone new with just a hive or two, having the entrance up high could have its advantages. The windows are cool. And the little "supers" might be kind of convenient.

Curious what y'all think. I mean, obviously the marketing is deceptive about what beekeeping is really like, but just, what do you think of the product itself? I won't be buying one, but just from a design perspective, maybe there are some salvageable ideas here?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: b-box

Our bee club president sent me a link to this last week. ROTFLMAO. I had the same concerns regarding hive inspections and treating.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

I just looked to see what it is and the first question that popped into my mind is how many fools will be separated from their money?

Quote Originally Posted by snapper1d View Post
    I just looked to see what it is and the first question that popped into my mind is how many fools will be separated from their money?
    As of right now - 429 fools for a grand total of $278K. Each hive is about $1,100 ($700 on sale or $1,300 for two). B-Box took a good look at FlowHive(TM) and said "Hold my beer, watch this!".