Sugar $0.39 / lb at walmart.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sugar $0.39 / lb at walmart.com

Tonight I bought a bunch of 10 lb bags of Great Value sugar on walmart.com with free shipping, for $3.92 per bag. It seemed a decent price to me, so I thought I would share it here.

Normally I cannot get free shipping for the 10 pound bags for some reason, but tonight I could, and the price had dropped as well. YMMV, all WalMarting is local.

There should be a sticky for deals on sugar. (Someone is sure to pop up and point one out to me now.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Sugar $0.39 / lb at walmart.com

There is a thread, where to buy bulk sugar, that remains pretty active and deals get posted. By and large, outside of sales, the Walmart GreatValu pure cane sugar comes in as one of the best bargains out there. My local WM is on the way home so I do not worry about shipping. $3.20 for the 10# bag.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    There is a thread, where to buy bulk sugar, that remains pretty active and deals get posted.
    .. and I probably have read and/or posted on that thread. My memory is not what I once imagined it was.

Our Walmart has 25lb. bags for $9.00. That's .36 cents a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCreek View Post
    Our Walmart has 25lb. bags for $9.00. That's .36 cents a pound.
    $8.36 here
    NCSBA Certified Beekeeper - my Youtube Vlog
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4y..._as=subscriber

bushpilot
    .. and I probably have read and/or posted on that thread. My memory is not what I once imagined it was.
    I resemble that remark.
    Cheers
    gww
    zone 5b

Better yet if Walmart has free 2 day shipping on orders over a certain amount they gave me $10 off to do standard delivery.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    Tonight I bought a bunch of 10 lb bags of Great Value sugar on walmart.com with free shipping, for $3.92 per bag. It seemed a decent price to me, so I thought I would share it here.

Normally I cannot get free shipping for the 10 pound bags for some reason, but tonight I could, and the price had dropped as well. YMMV, all WalMarting is local.

There should be a sticky for deals on sugar. (Someone is sure to pop up and point one out to me now.)
    You are right "all walmarting is local"!!! $11.74 for 25# at my store but the next store 35 miles away it is $7.60 for 25#. I called Walmart to see how I could get the good price and they said all I could do is to go to the store with the cheapest price and order from it.Well I got to the bee club over there every month and pick up a load of the cheap stuff while there.

Quote Originally Posted by ifixoldhouses View Post
    $8.36 here
    That's what my last couple pallets have been. This time it went up to $8.88

Up here the online price is cheaper than what they have on the shelf. Have to order it online and then pick it up to get the price. Seems weird, but haven't seen anything 'local' enough to get that was cheaper.

The girls at the 'pickup counter' were really sure I had messed up and they would be happy to help me fix it. :-)
    46.91° N

I am still getting my best price ordered online in 10 lb bags and shipped for free. It beats the in-store price.

I ordered 60 lbs of granular sugar, 10 lbs of dirt (for water plants) and a bottle of green food coloring. It was about $1/bag cheaper to have it shipped

Walmart Niles, Mi 25# $7.60
    Walmart Paw Paw, Mi 25# also $7.60
    $7.60= 30.4 cents/lb

Just checked stores within 40 miles (a bunch) and they are all $8.88 per 25 lb bag here, pickup only.
    “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic”

Warning about ordering the 2 Pack of 10lbs online: Don't forget to count the sugar packs when they arrive.

Here you are lucky to find 25lb bags, walmart does not stock enough of them, constantly out. I just go to costco and pay the extra, easier.
    Buy 50 lb bags. Right now using 300 lbs with every feeding. We are horribly dry, the hives are inhaling their stores.
    Zone 6b: 27 hives in Maryland, Carniolan, Italian mix mutts: Still learning - started bees spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    Here you are lucky to find 25lb bags, walmart does not stock enough of them, constantly out. I just go to costco and pay the extra, easier.
    Buy 50 lb bags. Right now using 300 lbs with every feeding. We are horribly dry, the hives are inhaling their stores.
    The 2 pack of 10lb bags from walmart get delivered for FREE, and are 0.39cents per pound.

Just make sure you count the bags...

Well I am going to order 400 lbs, see how much of a pain all those boxes are..................a little more than I need for one feeding. I have a feeling I would rather pay the bit more for one bag to toss vs all the boxes they will ship them in and the bags. I ordered 25lb bags before they quit shipping them a ton of boxes to dismantle, get down our long drive for recycle that they pick up every two weeks.

Costco is .42 per lb for 50 lbs.
    Zone 6b: 27 hives in Maryland, Carniolan, Italian mix mutts: Still learning - started bees spring of 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by missybee View Post
    Well I am going to order 400 lbs, see how much of a pain all those boxes are..................a little more than I need for one feeding. I have a feeling I would rather pay the bit more for one bag to toss vs all the boxes they will ship them in and the bags. I ordered 25lb bags before they quit shipping them a ton of boxes to dismantle, get down our long drive for recycle that they pick up every two weeks.
    400lbs ?

How many hives, may I ask?

27, of the 27 around 10 have a decent amount of stores. The rest are really light, that is even with feeding off and on since July. We were pulling the apivar strips, totally shocked as to how light they were. Last check they all had capped honey, not a ton, but capped, now the hives were almost empty. Nectar flow in Sept. has been light, too dry, plants all dying, not creating nectar. Last time this dry was in the 1800's.

I feed two hives with 25 lbs, 2 1 syrup. Hive top feeders, they drain it in around 24-48 hours. Each feeding takes 300lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast