I looked around for awhile and I couldn't find many pictures of beekeeping trailers. I had an idea in mind and I went ahead and built it. I thought I might share some pictures and hopefully provide some inspiration for anyone else that is thinking of doing this. I'm also open to suggestions/ideas for this trailer or for the next one I build. It's a 16ft trailer. pressure treated bottom boards from Mannlake. I went with a 16ft because it was the most economical. I could fit 24 beehives on it and an 18ft would have only let me add 2 more boxes. I used a 7d nail as a spacer between the bottom boards to allow room for expansion and contraction of the bottom board during different times of the year. My hope is that it will allow me to easily move boxes around without them being too tight against each other. instead of pallet clips, I used stainless steel L-brackets from amazon. They hold the bottom box ALOT more snug than the pallet clips do. I welded 4 5000lb trailer jacks on each corner to level out the trailer and to take the weight off the suspension. Ideally, I wouldn't have to move it when there is honey on the hives, but in the event that I do I think the dual 3500lb axles would be able to handle it. currently the idea is to run 12 ratchet straps from side to side so I can hold down 2 hives with each strap during the move. I overhung the bottom boards 2 inches over the rail to give myself 41 inches in the middle to work the hives. It also should be enough room to easily move a dolly down the trailer when pulling honey. I used some self tapping countersink screws to hold the wood to any metal. I used 2 1/2" wood screws to attach everything else. The bottom boards have about a 1 degree slope to keep any rainwater from getting in. The back side of the bottom boards is 1/2" higher in the back. I'm probably going to use the space under the hives to store things like feeder pails or entrance reducers.
16ft trailer - $2100
wood and screws - $150
bottom boards - $530
trailer jacks - $160
total $2940, lets just say $3000 for what you see in the pictures and about 12 hours of elbow grease. All in all I'm pretty satisfied and I can't wait to put bees on it in spring