Uncapped Honey

Thread: Uncapped Honey

Default Uncapped Honey

This was our worst year in10 years. Ihave hives with numerous super , only to find several thatI thought were full of honey were almost emty with only smallpatches. Even the better super were capped on either one side or partially capped. Meaning I will have numerous frames that will have high moisture. I will of course check the moisture content in the uncapped frames. My question is what do I do with so many frames of uncapped honey. I normally have a few frames and extract it with the capped frames and have good moisture contect. Should I process those frames separately and feed back, or in some way reduce moisture even though uncapped. Would appreciate any suggestions as I have never had this qaunity before (about 40-50 frames either uncapped or partially uncapped).
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Uncapped Honey

measure the uncapped honey with a refractometer (fairly inexpensive tool) to see where you actually are.

you can always use several dehumidifier techniques to evaporate the honey after extraction, as many have done before.

Default Re: Uncapped Honey

I have a digital refactometer and plan to use it. It is agreat device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dddillon View Post
    measure the uncapped honey with a refractometer (fairly inexpensive tool) to see where you actually are.

you can always use several dehumidifier techniques to evaporate the honey after extraction, as many have done before.