Pollen Color Chart?

Default Pollen Color Chart?

We live in a rather rural area of Western Washington State. Our nearest neighbors are invisible from a human line of site with most land owned in blocks of 5-100 acres. Lots of time surrounds us. And while I can see what's flowering and growing in and around our pastures, that's about it. So when I see the bees coming back this time of year with different color pollens gathered, other than the orange from our own dandelion lawn/garden, I have no idea what they are bringing back. It's moot to them, though I am curious George about stuff like that. Are there any accurate pollen color charts that might be either state or region specific for the US available online?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Pollen Color Chart?

I have not found a color chart specific for Western Washington. I think this Wikipedia site is still the best (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pollen_sources).

The popular pollen species my bees bring back look like the following (do Google search on the code to get the color).

Cherry (#a8692a), March - April
    Willow (#ebae3d), March - April
    Dandelion (#eb721c), all year
    Big-leaf maple (#838554), April
    Tulip poplar (#d9d07e), June
    Blackberry (#747a6d), June
    Knotweed (#a8a772), August
    Ivy (#e8af13), September - October
    Zone 8, elevation 70 ft, near the north end of Lake Washington

Default Re: Pollen Color Chart?

[QUOTE=Kuro;1750391]I have not found a color chart specific for Western Washington. I think this Wikipedia site is still the best (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pollen_sources).

Thank you. That's the one I found also. Even went so far as to generate a spreadsheet with tabs using the data there. It will help some, though lots of voids.