amitraz resistance

Default amitraz resistance

there was a thread on here, which I cant find where someone wanted to know if the info was true, this is a post from a commercial beek in our area.

I found out The mites in my hives are 27 percent resistant to Amatraz ( Checkmite) So as I pull honey right now Iím trying Formic pads.(MAQS). This time of year the MAQS are best. Amatraz is best in Fall and Spring
    so do you consider 27% resistance to a product that is a higher percentage than the apivar that we have access to, to be resistence??
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: amitraz resistance

He makes a reference to checkmite. Do you think that was a mistake?
    Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. - Emerson

How is the "27% resistance to Amatraz" determined?

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    He makes a reference to checkmite. Do you think that was a mistake?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericweller View Post
    How is the "27% resistance to Amatraz" determined?
    no clue on how he determined it, I would expect he did a mite count, treated with amatraz, and did another mite count.

I'm guessing the reference to checkmite was a mistake, I'm really surprised that he even posted the whole thing, but I'm guessing since his mites are resistant no need to keep it secret.
    his yards are scattered all around this area, that may explain why so many beeks got wiped out last winter near me.
    mike syracuse ny

since this is the only thread I have started in a while, the following PM I just received would have to be about this thread, me thinks someone doesn't like the fact that I posted their FB post on here.
    misterx]Did you know that "the one who does wrong will be repaid for the wrong he has done"? -Colossians 3:25.
    mike syracuse ny

I would not worry too much about it. After all, this individual is confused about Checkmite, which contains coumaphos, and Apivar, which contains amitraz. Checkmite is no longer recommended due to mite resistance to the product.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.