Back of the envelope calculation:
The actual amount of OA vapor (oxalic acid that was previously vaporized and is now just fine crystals that enter the hive at high pressure) that gets into the honey from uncapped honey frames from a single OA treatment is around 150-250mg. In total, per pound of honey, there's approximately 10-20mg of oxalic acid if OAV is applied with uncapped honey.
Here's how I arrive at that number:
Assuming 2 deep hive bodies, and 1 honey super, 75%+ of the surface area of the treated hive surfaces (all the bees, frames, and comb in the 2 deep hive bodies) will "consume" the 2 grams. The remaining 25% of the hive surface area is the honey super. That leaves 500 mg of OA for the honey super. Of that 500mg, 50% will "probably" adhere to the bees, the outsides of the honey cells, the wooden frames, the walls of the hive, the inner cover. Leaving, perhaps 250mg to "get into" the uncapped honey. If there's any capped honey, that 250mg will coat the outside of those cells, decreasing the "total" to, perhaps 150mg of OA actually entering into the uncapped honey.
Generally, OA vaporization is applied as follows: 2g 5 days apart for 5 total treatments. If 5 treatments of 2g are applied, that's a total of 750mg-1.25g of oxalic acid that enters into the uncapped honey itself that will later be consumed.
Assuming that honey eventually becomes fully capped honey, each frame may weigh, say 7lbs. 1 super contains, say 70lbs (for the sake of this calculation). Each 1lb sample of honey from that extracted super will contain 10mg-20mg of oxalic acid. If many supers are extracted simultaneously, this may include honey that was not exposed to OA vaporization, further diluting the total amount of OA per lb of honey.
So that leaves us with 10mg-20mg of oxalic acid for 1lb of honey.
Let's say the honey super only weighs 50lbs, not 70lbs. That's still only 25mg of OA that enters into 1lb of honey.
So in total, let's say at the high end of the range, perhaps as much as 40mg of Oxalic acid per 1 lb of honey (the actual amount may be much less).
How does that compare to other foods that people eat ?
A single serving of the following vegetables contain nearly 3-5X the amount of OA in 1lb of honey (treated with OAV):
According to this article, 1lb of soy flower, or a typical serving of grits contains nearly 5X as much Oxalic acid as 1lb of honey that was extracted from a super exposed to a full round of OAV treatments.
In conclusion, the amount of oxalic acid in 1lb of extracted honey is at least five times less than the consumption of a typical mixed salad containing beat greens, spinach, kale, swiss chart. The consumption of a bowl of grits, or a handful of almonds will contain multitudes more oxalic acid than 1lb honey extracted from a hive treated with OA vaporization.
Therefore, removing honey supers is probably unnecessary while performing OA vaporization.