question for canadian beeks

Default question for canadian beeks

I have always ordered my bee suits from //beeworks.com in Canada, last order a couple of years ago, now when I go to that sight I get a company called Dancing bee equipment which isn't the same company. any one know if beeworks is still in business? any help would be appreciated I never did have a phone # or address that I can find.
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: question for canadian beeks

Maybe David retired

Beeworks.com gives a redirect to Dancing Bee. Dancing Bee may be heading for top dog in Ontario for bees and beekeeping supplies. I think they are importing Chilean bees and are distributing to quite a few smaller dealers.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
    Maybe David retired
    that was my first guess, but I really like their bee suites, they would add 4 in. to the length for me, I'm getting old, I can't get the bee suits I like, the hive tools I use were discontinued 20 years ago, I managed to get some from the first person I bought bees from, he had his wife give me all the ones without printing on them( ie old ones), I have tried some hive tools and bee suites, I'm getting grumpy I guess to old to learn new tricks. when they shipped queens to the USA, I got a batch of 10 that were the best queens I had ever gotten. I know things have to change, but my bee suit and hive tool?
    mike syracuse ny

Quote Originally Posted by crofter View Post
    Beeworks.com gives a redirect to Dancing Bee. Dancing Bee may be heading for top dog in Ontario for bees and beekeeping supplies. I think they are importing Chilean bees and are distributing to quite a few smaller dealers.
    thanks it would be nice if they would state the facts, really would like to know where the old owner went.
    mike syracuse ny

FWIW, I've dealt with Dancing Bee extensively and they have been nothing other than professional, helpful and quick to fix the one mistake they made in an order.

Quote Originally Posted by SuiGeneris View Post
    FWIW, I've dealt with Dancing Bee extensively and they have been nothing other than professional, helpful and quick to fix the one mistake they made in an order.
    Ya, I talked to them about a pull over veil they have, really nice guy. Unfortunately the 26 buck veil would cost me 50 to get it across the border lol, I figure one of these days I’ll try and get someone to ship it to me.
    Rod

David retired due to health issues. The business was for sale for over a year I guess Dancing Bee snatched it up. Too bad had them custom make my daughters suit and gloves for Christmas when she was 5. David made some great queens at one time also.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Farms View Post
    David retired due to health issues. The business was for sale for over a year I guess Dancing Bee snatched it up. Too bad had them custom make my daughters suit and gloves for Christmas when she was 5. David made some great queens at one time also.
    thank you very much, yes it's to bad, not sure where I will find suits like they made, and I agree with his queens, bought some once, and they combined with the ones I had were the best queens I have ever had for the last 20 years. well I guess this winter I'll be bee suite shopping.
    mike syracuse ny

I used to buy David's queens too. Good northern Italians.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF