God Bless and hello all

Default God Bless and hello all

Hey all so glad to be apart of the forum, we are a new bee keeping couple, we will be focusing on small cell, treatment free bee keeping. I am so glad to find other bee keepers to bounce ideas off of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: God Bless and hello all

Welcome to the one of the better bee forums on the web.

I too am new to having a lot of girls around. What fun it really is, I have my hives set up on our country Church property, and intend to share honey with our small church at least for the first harvest whether it be this fall or next year, if the bees make it that long.

God bless you and your endeavors

Happy Home

Welcome!
    Rod

Welcome, but a warning - local circumstances dictate beekeeping practices.

Do not pay any attention to suggestions from any member that does not identify their location, nor should anyone answer your inquiries without you telling us where your bees are located.

Next January, I certainly would not do what some beekeeper from California or New Zealand suggests is good practice.

This observation is being posted because too many new members are opting out of filling in their profile, and the administration is too intent on generating advertising income so they do not require it as a condition of participation. The information as to locale is essential in understanding good beekeeping practices — almost always there are geographical, seasonal, elevation, botanical, or rainfall implications, and no one should pay attention to advice given by total strangers without a profile location (in my opinion).

Welcome to Beesource Son Rise Apiaries. JT brings up a very good point. We encourage all members to list their location. It does not need to be specific, just a generalized area or even USDA planting zone. But, the more specific one is, the more accurate the advice should be. You may even discover another Beesource member nearby that will agree to mentor you.
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

journaling the growth of a (mite) treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Welcome to the forums. I always get great advice here!

Sorry I didnt mean to make this hello thread and make people upset. I am from kentucky I had no idea that it was required to add a location as I just signed up last night before bed.

Thumbs Up Re: God Bless and hello all

Quote Originally Posted by Son Rise Apiaries View Post
    Sorry I didn't mean to make this hello thread and make people upset. I am from kentucky I had no idea that it was required to add a location as I just signed up last night before bed.
    You are good. Also be advised there are as many opinions about what you should do and when you should do it as there are beekeepers. Mainstream practices are best when just beginning beekeeping, so keep an eye out for that mainstream. You can go down your own path, or a minority path, once you have mastered the basics. You will be welcome here whichever path you choose. Welcome!

How many hives do you have? Pictures? It didn't happen if there are no pictures
    ...We don't see things as they are, we see things as WE are...

Son Rise posted a link to a short video of their apiary in another thread. Nice looking long Lang hives.
    https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...%3DyLp4eZDElNE
    Thankfully, the bees are smarter than I am. They are doing well, in spite of my efforts to help them.

Thank you so much, JWpalmer beat me to it, we have a youtube where we are going to be documenting our progress in this adventure. JWpalmer linked a link to one of our videos if you would like to take a look at it. We were and are blessed to have a cousin that has raised bees for 70 years in this area with no treatments. So we have a very resistant and strong genetics of bees around here that have never known any type of human chemical intervention of course short of the plants that people may spray with various chemicals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
    You are good. Also be advised there are as many opinions about what you should do and when you should do it as there are beekeepers. Mainstream practices are best when just beginning beekeeping, so keep an eye out for that mainstream. You can go down your own path, or a minority path, once you have mastered the basics. You will be welcome here whichever path you choose. Welcome!

How many hives do you have? Pictures? It didn't happen if there are no pictures

Dear Son Rise Apiaries - my comments were probably too blunt, but were not meant to offend you. As a new beekeeper, you would have no reason to know how important location is when considering beekeeping inquiries or answers. JWParmer points out the reasons why location is “encouraged”; I believe the corporate owner should make it mandatory, as it once was. You picked an incredible hobby that is infectious - passion is one (1) symptom.