Maxant Wax Melter

Default Maxant Wax Melter

Has anyone had any experience with a Maxant wax melter? It is a single wall tank in which you heat water and place in cappings to melt. It has two external spigets. Initially drain the water and thenthe wax.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Maxant Wax Melter

yup i have one love it. I did all the wax cappings from 20 medium supers Wed night. Couldnt be easier.

ARAN, Can you explain generally the process. For example how much water, what do you drain first and what valve do you use for each step.Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aran View Post
    yup i have one love it. I did all the wax cappings from 20 medium supers Wed night. Couldnt be easier.

it has two taps the lower being for draining water the upper for draining wax.
    Fill with water to above the upper tap.
    Then put ur wax in. Melt to about 185F and stir every now and then while its melting. Once all melted let it sit hot for about 30mins to settle out. Dont boil it.
    -> water and honey sink to bottom with thin layer of debris on top then wax on top of the debris then more debris on top of the wax.
    You open the lower tap and let the hot water out until you see the first debris layer come out. Immediately close that lower tap.
    Then put ur container for collecting the wax under the upper tap and cover it with cheese cloth
    -> now open the top tap and drain off all the lovely yellow wax through the cheesecloth until it stops pouring out.

Its that simple.

Its that simple.
    Not quite, then you need to clean the tank.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by snl View Post
    Not quite, then you need to clean the tank.
    cleaning the tank is a breeze. Heat melts wax. Empty the dirty water from the bottom. Remove the thin remaining wax cake at the top. Fill tank with water and eat to max temp then drain all water out the bottom sump hole once you turn the heater off.
    Cleaning the tank is the quickest part.

I will be ordering one after I harvest this years honey which is the lowest in 10 years. I was unable to find any good directions so your information is very helpful. Thanks.
    it has two taps the lower being for draining water the upper for draining wax.
    Fill with water to above the upper tap.
    Then put ur wax in. Melt to about 185F and stir every now and then while its melting. Once all melted let it sit hot for about 30mins to settle out. Dont boil it.
    -> water and honey sink to bottom with thin layer of debris on top then wax on top of the debris then more debris on top of the wax.
    You open the lower tap and let the hot water out until you see the first debris layer come out. Immediately close that lower tap.
    Then put ur container for collecting the wax under the upper tap and cover it with cheese cloth
    -> now open the top tap and drain off all the lovely yellow wax through the cheesecloth until it stops pouring out.

Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Plannerwgp View Post
    I will be ordering one after I harvest this years honey which is the lowest in 10 years. I was unable to find any good directions so your information is very helpful. Thanks.
    no worries mate happy to help

Too bad they no longer make the cappings separator. Water jacket with hood/infrared tubes above. Clean unburned honey comes out one pipe. Clean wax comes out another. They made a 4' and a 6' model. If you can find a used one, buy it.