not new to bee stings, but I just had a real bad reaction
I got stung on the forehead Saturday. I didn't think much of it because it certainly wasn't the first time, and it didn't seem to me that the bee lost her stinger in my head, couldn't see a stinger.
It was an hour or two later that I was feeling itchy all over. It wasn't really bothering me a lot, but I decided to take an oatmeal bath because I was tired of itching. Then I noticed I had hives, in my groin area and around my arm pits.
My forehead swelled up over the next few days, and I've been popping Benadryl now and then. In fact it was so swollen yesterday that my wife kept telling me to call the doctor. Today everything seems better, so.
But I'm thinking about what is going to happen next! I'm definitely going to be better prepared the next time I go out to the hives, have some Benadryl on hand, be more cautious with the bees. Probably going to get an Epi-Pen, too.
Because I've never had a serious reaction before, I was trying to wonder what was different this time. Maybe where they stung me the venom had nowhere to go but into my blood. I don't have much body fat and my forehead is definitely skin on bone.
I guess I'm going to have to wait and see, but I'm wondering if anyone had a similar experience: not much reaction to bee stings, and then all of the sudden a bad reaction, and then what happens???
My grandfather and great-uncle kept bees and my fiancée's grandfather, too. I want to pass this tradition along.