Coastal CT - Late July Nectar Flow ?

Default Coastal CT - Late July Nectar Flow ?

My hives are producing a crazy amount of honey now. Honey is dark and fantastic. Bees are furiously flying. Any ideas on what they may be feeding on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Coastal CT - Late July Nectar Flow ?

Quote Originally Posted by gman1001 View Post
    My hives are producing a crazy amount of honey now. Honey is dark and fantastic. Bees are furiously flying. Any ideas on what they may be feeding on?

I'm in Killingworth. I'm seeing the same thing. In the morning around 6:30 am, they're already piling in and out of the hives like crazy, just like they were during spring flow. It almost seemed like there was no dearth this year. Or a very short one. I was a little late pulling honey off and when I did, I noticed they had eaten some of it, so it must've slowed down at least for a bit. But most years I have some sort of robbing emergency and need to install robbing screens and rub vaporub all over the hives to settle things down. This year.....none of that.

I noticed golden rod already starting to come out about a week ago, and now I'm seeing tons of it. I'm thinking because of the extremely rainy year we've had that maybe this years golden rod flow will be legit. I'm hoping so, because everybody says how good that honey is and I'm yet to try it.

Default Re: Coastal CT - Late July Nectar Flow ?

Clethera
    Sweetpepper
    Wish we had some up north in Enfield