Honey bee CPR?

Thread: Honey bee CPR?

Default Honey bee CPR?

I had a Q faint the other day while I was marking her in a marking tube.She was young,just beginning to lay.
    I set her on top of a frame and she was surrounded by bees touching her with their antenna and extending their proboscis towards her mouth parts.
    First she just laid there,then antenna movement,then quivering,then she stood up,then pulsing abdomen and then she walked down a seam.It took about 7-8 min.
    Honey bee CPR?

This was the second one this year.The first was laying up a storm the next week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Honey bee CPR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Grimshaw View Post
    I had a Q faint the other day while I was marking her in a marking tube.She was young,just beginning to lay.
    I set her on top of a frame and she was surrounded by bees touching her with their antenna and extending their proboscis towards her mouth parts.
    First she just laid there,then antenna movement,then quivering,then she stood up,then pulsing abdomen and then she walked down a seam.It took about 7-8 min.
    Honey bee CPR?

This was the second one this year.The first was laying up a storm the next week.
    you really need to start videoing your adventures.
    Terrence

That would make a great video.
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

Photo 2019-07-26 11.33.43.jpgPhoto 2019-07-26 11.27.38.jpg

I had just loaded a new app " flashlite plus"
    Sorry about the fuzzyness. Not sure if it will do video but the magnification helps my old eyes

Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF