Dadant extractor issue.

Default Dadant extractor issue.

I bought a Dadant manual extractor a couple of years ago. Using it last night, it seems like the gear at the top of the shaft inside the extractor is not up high enough and it's causing noisy skips on the gear while it's moving, not a smooth operation. Does anyone have a fix?

I could see slipping a u spacer on top to hold it up if I had a nylon one the right size, so as not to have to dismantle the extractor. Pretty sure the warranty is dead. I bought in 2016 I think

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Dadant extractor issue.

I remember a thread on here years ago, but can't find it. I don't have one but going on this ebay person selling replacements, it must have a screw in the gear to hold it in place, I would think the screw came loose, so moving the gear back into place and tightening it should fix it.

https://www.ebay.com/i/281392163929?...QaAhWuEALw_wcB
    mike syracuse ny
    Whatever you subsidize you get more of. Ronald Reagan

Thank you, I will have a look for a screw. It was pretty late last night when I realized the issue was getting worse. I've had an afterwork nap and maybe now I can see what's up
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

If it is getting worse, with no apparent wear, Mike is probably right. Look for a loose set screw.

Crazy Roland

Actually I looked inside the extractor and I think the problem is deep honey, going to drain the tank some and try another frame. Had kids here and could do nothing last week