The crudest incubator

Default The crudest incubator

I challenge anyone to show me a home made queen cell incubator that is uglier and cruder than mine. I made it from 3/4" foam board. After a week or so,I realized it fluctuated a bit with the room temperature. I didnt want to buy more insulation so I taped scrap pieces onto it. Hey my motto has always been,it doesnt have to be purty,just functional. By the way, it works as good as a store bought one. I do use a high dollar Herpstat thermostat and 11" flexwatt heat tape for the heat source ( with a computer fan ). incubator.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: The crudest incubator

Whew, that is long on ugly. However, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the queens it produces; I'll take a good queen from an ugly incubator any day. LOL
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

And a book shelf too.
    It is not true that you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
    They can learn them, they just can't do them.

LOL, that's awesome! Have you had a chance to use it yet, or has it just been testing thus far? Please do keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstove View Post
    LOL, that's awesome! Have you had a chance to use it yet, or has it just been testing thus far? Please do keep us updated.
    I've hatched 14 cells so far in it and have more due in 3 days. It stays within about .4 degrees. It be ugly but it works.