Price for honeycomb

Default Price for honeycomb

Whats the going price for 1lb squares of honeycomb?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Price for honeycomb

I was selling mine for about $10/lb last year. Try craigs list and farmers markets for local prices, sometimes this will give you an idea of what it is going for in your area

Should go for a premium over what a 1-pound bottle of honey sells for. Around here we are right around $8 for a bottle and $10-12 for comb honey.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeHoosier View Post
    Should go for a premium over what a 1-pound bottle of honey sells for. Around here we are right around $8 for a bottle and $10-12 for comb honey.
    I agree that comb honey should demand a premium but after trying to sell it for several years this year did not make any. Pass three years have given more away than I have sold, very few folks want it. Rather let the bees make honey and sell that. For the couple of people that really wanted some comb I just made a few jars of "chunk honey" with a few pieces of excess comb I could find in the hives.

I sell my comb for $15/lb. No problem. It's such a niche item here, people love it.
    My bottled honey goes for $16/12oz net weight. Discounted 25% for a case. It's just the nature of the market here in NYC and outer boroughs (counties).

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Whats the going price for 1lb squares of honeycomb?
    I sell mine for a dollar an OZ ,,so 1LB would be 16$

I cut it up with little regard for the size or shape , then weigh every one and price to the nearest OZ I make for example 3 pieces from a medium frame, or 4 depending on the orders I have. My preference is paid for orders.

GG

Ours sell for $2 an ounce, 8 ounce minimum. It sells. It has to be worth destroying your valuable comb or your loosing money from loss of honey production. Bees only draw our during great flows so your limited on time, even during sugar water to them to draw, you really only get good comb during a natural flow so mark it up. Our plastic classic 1lb's go for $14.25.

Ummm. I'm not selling in the right market!
    I do get $10/# in glass. I'd expect to sell cut comb for $1.5/oz but have not yet....

My Pioneer 4" X 4" hard plastic boxes only hold about 13 ounces of comb honey. We can get as much as $20 each, $1.67 an ounce. If I run 8 frames to a super they can be too thick to fit in the boxes. I sold five boxes of comb in the frame for $12 a pound. $.75 an ounce, no cutting, no packaging, no shrink wrapping, no fuss, no muss. The buyers returns the frames nicely cut clean.
    All of my opinions and suggestions are based on my five decades of actual beekeeping,
    not so much on book learning, watching YouTube videos nor reading internet sites.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    My Pioneer 4" X 4" hard plastic boxes only hold about 13 ounces of comb honey. We can get as much as $20 each, $1.67 an ounce. If I run 8 frames to a super they can be too thick to fit in the boxes. I sold five boxes of comb in the frame for $12 a pound. $.75 an ounce, no cutting, no packaging, no shrink wrapping, no fuss, no muss. The buyers returns the frames nicely cut clean.
    Thats a great idea! What size frame.? and about how much on averag3 does it weigh?
    Proverbs 16:24

Shallow for me.this year $1.25 per. Oz