Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hive of bees in hole in Rock how do I get them??

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Richinbama 
#1 ·
Hi I'm super new to beekeeping I've decided to start this journey only a few hours ago I'm a landscaper there is a bee hive on a project I'm on and it will be destroyed I think it would be pretty cool to try beekeeping and this is the perfect opportunity but I need help on how do I get the bees out of the rock do I just go in break off the hive and toss it in a bucket and hope most of the bees follow?

#4 ·
I'll do that in a bit but starting to seem like I won't get into it at this time for one I can't seem to find a local store selling any bee keeping supplies I don't have the technical skills to build a hive and I've reached out to a bunch of keepers I found in the phone book the only guy that seems like he would help me out in sourcing stuff his wife said he is to sick to answer me right now so nothing much I can do with out having a hive box right?

#5 ·
Simple to build, all ya need is a skill saw, some scrap plywood, nails and glue, and some frames. Plans are online and easy to find with any search. 1 day, and you got hive ready for bees. Where are you located, it's not listed in your profile, and would aid in getting best replies to any questions. Also, some of these folks here are passionate about helping new or aspiring beeks out. And if your close to them, most will help in any way they can.

#8 ·
Also, look online search for bee keeping clubs in your area. Best way to start out is there. Someone in the club will most likely help you locally with anything related to bees. Supplies,education, experience, and helping you get your first bees !!! Not hard to do, and fun, educational. Let me know if I can help. 2nd year beek myself, and loving it. Also, the honey, and byproducts are awsome... Rich

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.